Coffee Shop- Chapter 30

Niall's POV

It was a Sunday night, and I was laying in my bed alone. My iPod was perched on my stomach, with All Time Low's songs playing softly in my ears. Although it was almost three- which makes it Monday- in the morning, I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were racing, on so many different subjects. The cold didn't help, either. Even though it was the end of August, my bedroom was freezing. I'd bundled up in blankets, duvets and I even bought down this stuffed turtle toy Liam had given me, called Shelby. I felt like a baby, but it still smelt of Liam somehow.

I couldn't stop thinking about what'd happened with Darcy. She'd actually agreed to sabotage Alex, but despite this I had no hope of her staying on our side. After she'd informed us on her decision, she'd stormed out the room. That was two days ago, and I hadn't spoken to her since. Ed also didn't speak to me, probably because he was usually pretty quiet and I kinda think he misses that Jess girl. The way his pale blue eyes twinkled every time he mentioned her name...

So yeah, I had Alex Williams on my mind as well as Veronica. I'd decided to meet up with her myself tomorrow. Well, today, I guess, seeing as it's morning. I'd realised it was stupid of me to just expect her to let a strange boy in her house. I'd asked Liam to tell her to meet me in Gunther's Coffee Shop just down the road at eleven, which is in eight hours. I still haven't had any sleep.

That's it.

I threw off my duvet, pillows, sheets and blankets and sat up in my bed, clutching Shelby close. I'll never get any sleep at this rate. I smoothed down my old, ratty Toy Story pyjamas and padded out my door, shuddering at the horrible breeze circling around my feet and bare arms. I found myself halt outside Darcy's door, as I heard her murmuring words. I thought I could make out, They're all up for destroying Alex... Yeah, I accepted... Shh... Okay, Bentley... I love you too. Bye.

Wow. Darcy and Bentley... That's all kinds of fucked up. I'm sure she's still with Alex, but I've decided this part isn't my business. After what Ed told us all, I couldn't blame her for turning to another boy really. Of course it's a bit weird seeing as Bentley's my best friend and Darcy's an annoying girl I can't avoid, but I'm happy for him anyway. I wonder what happened to Bentley's little sex friend.

I shrugged and walked past Darcy's door, before stopping outside Liam's. He was probably asleep, but he'd told me that he loved sleeping with me. I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it, cringing when the click made a loud noise. I shoved open the door and stepped inside before closing it and locking. I about had a heart attack when I saw the light from a phone. Then I realised Liam was still awake, scrolling through his mobile.

"Ni?" He whispered, turning on the torch and aiming it at me for better sight. He sighed in relief when he realised it was me, and grinned when I threw myself onto his double bed, cuddling up next to him. I blinked a few times when he reached over and turned on his lamp, my eyes beginning to adjust. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his fingers rubbing soft circles into my skin.

He was warm. I smiled happily and snuggled closer, watching him chuckle. "You're frozen, Niall. You been standing outside?"

"My rooms like the Antarctic for some reason. This room is warm." I mumbled, feeling sleepier now.

Liam laughed quietly. "Your radiator is probably broken, I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Well, today. I couldn't sleep either, too much on my mind... I was just scrolling through Twitter, and texting Zayn. He's having problems with Marcel."

I remembered that Marcel was Zayn's boyfriend, and Harry's brother. I'd never seen him, but I felt bad anyway. "That sucks. It seems like everyone's having relationship troubles recently, haven't they? Harry and Veronica, Darcy and Alex, now Marcel and Zayn. Hey, did you know that Darcy's on it with Bentley, too? I just heard her speaking to him, and she told him she loved him."