Night Changes- Chapter 32

Liams POV

Niall wasn't happy. He was worried again, about what was wrong with him. It hurt me knowing that it wasn't just nothing. Niall's symptoms really were a concern, but I had high expectations for Demi. She had been working with messed up kids her whole life. We'd stopped therapy lessons because too much was happening with his education, but I knew that he needed it again. Not that he as getting worse, but he might if he stops getting the support he needs.

Even though I'd assured him he wasn't some weird freaky boy, he believed he was strangely different. He just wanted to be normal. But now, another thing was happening on top of depression and anxiety. It was difficult to help him when even I knew the facts.

Demi was supposed to be here in ten minutes, but Niall was still sleeping in his own room this time. He was so exhausted last night that he didn't crept into my room at midnight because he was passed out completely. It was a difficult day today- first more Therapy, and then he wanted to visit his mum. I was going with him because he said he'd have a mental breakdown if I didn't, but I was also dreading it.

I hated to see him so upset. It had been a rarity recently, but I knew today as going to be especially difficult for him to stay positive. He hadn't visited his mum since the funeral. That was years ago. And now he might have some other illness? He didn't deserve to be this way.

Johnny and Harvey were both downstairs with the kids, so I was in the office sorting out some paperwork. Technically, I wasn't really. I was sitting at the computer emailing Harry, who was depressed about his fiancée but refused to talk about it. I told him that whatever happened, I'd be there for him and he didn't need to be treated like utter shit. He thanked me, but then went right on the subject of Louis.

Harry: He took me to a bar last night, and we got really drunk. Then we sat in and ate pizza, watched FRIENDS and talked. It was really cool. He made me forget about Veronica, which I was kinda grateful for. It's obviously been stressing me out, Liam.

Liam: So... You and Louis are real close recently, huh?

Harry: Well, yeah. He's a good mate. I know people just imagine him as a wild party animal, but he's so much more than that. We talked about all kinds of stuff. He went out with that girl Eleanor for a while, but he realised that he was actually gay! Then I went on about Ronnie, in which he gave me advice. I know he's more of a friend to go to when you wanna have a good time, but people don't give him enough credit. He's great to have a conversation with.

Liam: Yeah. Just... I know you're pissed at Veronica, but don't mess her about. Did she know where you were last night, mate?

Harry: Well, no. She went out to stay at her mums. It's not like she was up waiting for me, setting out a romantic dinner with candles and roses, Li. Like I said, she doesn't care about me. She just wants a fancy wedding. Someone to follow her every move. Maybe I don't want to be that guy anymore.

Liam: So you go to Louis?

Harry: ...What are you implying, mate? Louis is our friend, isn't he? Not like I could rush to Zayn and bitch about his sister. I couldn't go to you- you're working twenty four seven. Louis was available. Liam, I hope you're not assuming I like Louis...

Liam: Well, no. I was just wondering. Anyway, I'd better get back to work. I'll call you later, yeah?

Harry: Okay. See ya later, Li.

I sighed. Harry was obviously crazy about Louis, but I didn't want to get involved in things when I wasn't wanted. But I did have my concerns. Harry couldn't just dump Veronica. She would be crushed, and Zayn would probably get involved. Our friendship wouldn't be the same. However, I knew that if he wasn't happy, he couldn't stay with her for the simple reason that Zayn would be angry.