Truth- Chapter 37

(A/N- The first part of this chapter will be in Harry's POV, just to give you some more insight of his feelings right now, I think that'll be best so you can have some more knowledge on what's really happening with him. The second part will be in Niall's POV just like usual, so don't think that storyline won't be coming. Sorry, I know authors notes are beyond irritating, enjoy this chapter guys, love ya!)

Harrys POV

Fuck. Why did I have to ruin every freaking relationship I end up in? I would be happy for a certain amount of time, but it all comes down to overthinking. I think too hard and thoroughly about my life, and needed some kind of relief. I'd always been a very organised person, kind of like OCD but not diagnosed or anything. I needed things planned out, and ready for action. I used to make up mini stories in my head about what would hopefully occur in the future, which sounds silly, but it got me through knowing I knew myself.

I'd first met Veronica through Zayn, a few years ago. I admit, it was a full on crush the minute I laid eyes on her. Maybe it was the beautiful coffee skin of hers, or the pools of melting chocolate, or perhaps her adoration for life. I'd constantly climb through her bedroom window when her parents were asleep, because they didn't like me at the time. Even Zayn was a little off with me dating his sister, but quickly warmed up to it now he's with my brother Marcel.

Veronica Malik was very hard to get though, she enjoyed games. It took me a solid month to be able to talk to her properly, without her telling me to leave her. There was something about her which made me continue coming back, kind of like an elastic band. And even though she acted like I was some little dorky kid after her, I knew she enjoyed the attention. She always did, with the other guys at our old school.

Eventually, though, she accepted my offer to take her out. We had a great time at a lovely restaurant and then a midnight car ride. She laughed, we laughed, we shared our first kiss. And after our lips touched, I knew we had a future together. Or at least... I thought we did.

I proposed a couple of months ago, thinking we'd have a small ceremony with our family and close friends, just so I could finally say this beautiful woman was mine, and we could perhaps begin starting a family. We both wanted it, we both wanted children, so we quickly decided on trying on our honeymoon.

However, these past few weeks have been agony. She didn't have enough time for me, she was glued to her phone and catalogues trying to create this big fancy wedding, with the budget we didn't even have. My feelings began wearing off quickly, and I found myself giving up on her, and going to pubs and clubs instead. I never did want anyone else, though, it was just to get away from her constant nagging.

That's when Louis and I started bonding. People misunderstood him, just like I felt misunderstood myself. We'd always been friends, but we never really clicked like we have recently. He listened, really listened, and gave me really good advice. I really did think he was just my mate helping me out with my relationship issues, but he wasn't. He was Louis- and I found myself beginning to like him maybe a little too much.

I was quickly, and stupidly, falling in love with him. Until freaking Niall Horan swears that I needed to talk to Ronnie. I was really dreading that part, but I knew it was inevitable. I cursed Niall to the fiery pit of Hades, but I knew he was just telling me what I already knew, and that I was just a coward. I couldn't face her, not when she really did want this wedding. The thing was, she didn't love me.

Usually, I'd have gone to Louis to help me through this. But Louis didn't want me anymore, not until I decided what I really wanted. Of course I wanted him, but how was I going to break it off when Veronica was a pure, innocent woman? She hadn't done anything wrong. What would Zayn think, after I dumped his sister for his best mate? After I cheated on her? After I lied to her?