Yours- Chapter 25

Liam's POV

Things were different around the Home now. I wasn't used to not seeing Niall around all the time. Occasionally I would just prance in his room and start talking to him, but then realise he wasn't actually there. It was a bit sad, but it was okay. Niall was going to school, acting like a normal boy his age. That's all I ever wanted. For him to be average.

I wasn't exactly happy with him making these new friends of his. Jealousy was there, but it wasn't just that. Bentley didn't seem like a good friend to him after what happened the other day. Niall had done his best to avoid the bully Quentin at all costs, but I still worried a lot. What if Quentin caught him after school and nobody was around to help him? What if he got seriously injured this time instead of minor?

The thought of him lying on the floor helplessly whilst Quentin hurt him made my skin crawl so I walked into the home's office and decided to go through some paperwork. Most of it was just about Billy and Benjamin's parents trying to get them back, since they'd gotten out of prison now. The others were about their parents too. Everyone had their own stash of papers from parents or relatives contacting them apart from Niall.

"Harvey? Oh, it's you, Liam." My head snapped up as I saw Johnny storm through the door, sitting down at his desk and opening up his laptop. He ran a plump hand through his long brown hair and sighed, shaking his head like something was wrong.

I narrowed my eyes, "Yeah, it's me. What's wrong? Is it the twins' parents again? Heard they were pestering to see them."

"No, Natasha and Jim can see them whenever they like, it's just... I keep getting calls about Niall from school. His head teacher Mrs Arrow tells me he's having some difficulties in lessons, staring out the windows and not paying enough attention. I tell you, Liam- that boy is causing some real issues, like he has the minute he arrived. I understand his father was abusive and his mother died, but he doesn't try." Johnny began typing quickly, not realising I was pissed.

Like Johnny actually understood Niall's condition, or any of the children. He was hardly here- it was mostly me taking care of each child. I could probably be able to tell him a hundred things about each of them which he or Harvey didn't know. I didn't get paid enough.

I shrugged, "Niall's depressed, and we always knew it was a long shot sending him to school. He is improving though, just give him time."

"We've given him time, Liam- three years. He's improving, but slowly. I don't know whether it's just better off sending him to a specialist home where they can fully help him. We aren't doing much good, even with that therapist coming in occasionally. He's still ill, isn't he?"

I clenched my jaw, "I'm helping him. I'm doing all I can. He would hate to move, you know he likes where he is now."

"You're helping him? Really? Because last time I checked, he ran away and it took a week to find him! I know you have some weird bond with him, but maybe that's a little too weird. What if people get the wrong idea and think you're with him? Do you want that reputation on your hands? Just think; if he was in another home, it'd give us all a chance to rest, and focus on the company."

I felt sick to my stomach. I wasn't sending him away, and I would fucking kidnap him if I had no other choice. I would adopt him myself, but it's illegal. Unless... No. I was thinking that maybe Harry and his fiancée Veronica could have him, but with the wedding coming up and stuff, I doubt they'd be able to. Zayn and Harry's brother Marcel were together, but they weren't looking for having a kid around at the moment. And Louis... Well, he's too wrapped up in having fun to look after him. Well, I didn't care. That didn't mean Niall was leaving.

I flinched when Johnny mentioned how people might get the wrong idea. Of course, it was the right idea. Niall and I were officially together, but I no longer felt like it was bad. We were made for each other, there was no avoiding it. Maybe people would think I was some perverted sicko just here to take away an vulnerable boys innocence, but they didn't know what was real. And our relationship was real.