Jealousy Takes Over- Chapter 9

SONG FOR CHAPTER: Too Late- Five Seconds of Summer

LIAMS POV

"For the last time, it's my choice," Niall insisted.

The argument had not stopped over the Darcy situation, because I did not agree that she should weasel her way into our business and threaten us both. We needed to stand up for ourselves, not just let her control us. But Niall was stubborn, and carried on fighting for this. I couldn't win against him even if I tried.

But it didn't stop me from arguing back. "Niall, this is not even a compromise, it's a threat. She is toying with your feelings because she likes you, just like she likes every other boy in this universe!"

Niall rolled his eyes but nothing could win me over on that one. Darcy had been with Jace and Ed but they didn't last long as she cheated on them both with each other. It was a difficult time as the boys would not talk to each other for about three weeks until finally Ed apologised though it wasn't his fault but Darcy's.

Darcy had not apologised to either of them, just moved on to the next. When I first started at the Home, she had even started to flirt with me but gave up when I told her I was gay.

Funny story actually, as back then I wasn't gay and just told her that to make her back off, except now I clearly was, feeling envy over Darcy for being able to take Niall out on his first date just a few hours after kissing me.

"Liam, I need to get ready if I'm going on this bloody date," Niall ushered me out of his room but I didn't budge. I didn't want him going anywhere with Darcy because I didn't trust her.

I stared up at him as he heaved himself out of bed and yanked his wardrobe door open, finding a pair of faded blue jeans and his favourite red and white jacket. I knew he would not change until I stepped out but I wanted to talk him out of this.

"Liam-"

"Stay with me," I whispered, gazing into his sapphire eyes in attempt to send him on a guilt trip so he would stay safe and sound with me instead of in Darcy's sexual grasp, probably touching all over his skin and trying to make out with him and...

Ugh!

"What?" Niall replied, shocked.

I bit my lip. "Stay with me. We can eat chips and sweets and junk in your bed whilst watching some TV, just us with no rules or no Darcy." Please fucking agree to this, NiBear.

"Look, Li," Niall murmured, sitting down on the bed and resting his head on my bare shoulder, comfortably like we were dating or I was his Dad. "I need to do this so you don't lose your job. I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this anyway, she promised to keep her hands and lips to herself."

If only he knew just how much I liked him, just how jealous I was. I wanted to take him to Moonlight Mountains whilst we make out and have a romantic dinner in a fancy restaurant which is so fucking expensive that I have to pay every last bit of my money but it will be worth it just to make him happy.

If only he knew just how much I wanted him right this second but too afraid to properly tell him how I feel. I wished he could read my mind so I don't have to explain out loud my feelings but he won't reject me.

And then I wished he was not my care student so my job would not be in danger, or he was eighteen years old so it wouldn't be illegal. Oh, just how much I would give to have this perfect life, but instead I'm stuck in this labyrinth with no way out.

"What if you kiss her?" I muttered, not wanting an answer.

Though it was a rhetorical question, Niall still replied with, "I wouldn't kiss her, Liam, you know my... Well, my sexuality. If I was straight, do you really believe I would've k-kissed you?"