Chapter 5: brave but hiding

Two more days left before the reunion and everyone is so busy, especially the performers and the officers.

"What are you doing?" Yim peaks at Amara who is busy scribbling at the table.

She crumpled the paper and frustratedly threw it on the table. "I can't think of any design for the banners and I only have a day to finish and submit it for approval!" She whines.

"I thought it was assigned to other officers?" Nu places the coffee in front of Amara while the tea is for Yim.

"That is what I thought so too but the person assigned got sick and can't make it and here I am stuck with this." She took a sip from her coffee.

"That is harsh but you're used to working under pressure so this will be an easy task for you." Tutor joins them, placing the cookies and a cake on the table.

"Do you still need this?" Tutor asked Nu.

"Nope."

Tutor takes the food tray off the table and places it on a vacant one next to their seat.

"I can work under pressure but when it comes to designing it takes me more than a day to think of a concept." Amara leans her head on the table. "I am hopeless."

"Why don't you ask for help from Hia James?" Nu suggested.

"I did but he is busy at the moment. Same goes with P'Net, you know that they work together." She raises her head back and takes a sip of her coffee and sighs.

"How about you guys?" Yim looks at Tutor and Nu. "Have you decided what to sing during the opening?"

"We are still undecided up until now. Nat is so busy with work that I can't get a hold of him." Nu explains. "I ask Prem if we could sing a love song and he says whatever we could come up with and it is easy then he will go for it. Since we are given a week to practice."

Yim nodded. "How about you sing, 'Here's your perfect' by Jamie Miller?" Amara suggested.

"Yeah that could work! We did sing that song during the school festival back then!" Tutor says. Only then he realizes too late what he just agreed to.

He looks at Nu who is smiling remembering that day. "It was a funny one as it was the first time that all of you saw me cry. It gives me chills remembering that day. That was my first and last heartbreak." Yim patted his shoulder while giving Tutor a wide eye.

"You fell in love?" Amara says, fascinated by the fact that her brother fell in love.

"You seem too surprised Amara?" Tutor asked her.

"He never said a word about it! I just thought that maybe he hates the concept of falling in love, that's the reason why he was never into relationships." Amara explains.

"I am not that cold hearted person." Nu looks at her sister sharply.

"Woah...woah... chill out bro. I am just curious given the fact that I did not know anything." Amara says defensively. "But can you tell me what happened?"

"I fell in love, we broke up and that's the end of it. Now continue what you are doing and stop asking questions. You will never finish anything if you let your curiosity slip in." Nu says as he stands up and leaves the table.

"Did I ask something wrong?" Amara looks at Yim and Tutor who is now looking at her brother walking back to the counter.

"You did and a very dangerous one." Tutor tells her.

"Is he still in love with that person?" Amara asks again.

"No one really knows what he felt. You know that your brother is not a sharer type of a person. He tends to keep everything." Yim looks back at Amara.