Chapter 32: Kai and Kaia

Everyone goes back inside the mansion after the fireworks display. Everyone helped in cleaning except for Nu who tucked Minnie into her bed. Sam is fast asleep beside her.

“Papa, you don’t have to read me a bedtime story tonight,” Minnie says sleepily. “Can you just sing me the lullaby in Frozen?” 

"Sure baby. Papa will be happy to sing for you." Nu fixed the blanket and leaned into the headboard. Minnie cuddled closer to him. Nu started to sing. 

Where the North wind meets the sea 
There’s a river full of memory
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river, all is found

Nu caressed her head.

In the waters, deep and true
lie the answers and a path for you
Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you’ll be drowned

Nu smiles as the little girl makes another yawn. Minnie is just like Zee as far as he can remember Zee also loves to hear him sing a lullaby. He said that it helps him calm down.

Where the North wind meets the sea 
There’s a river full of memory 
Sleep, my darling, safe and sound
For in this river, all is found. 

Minnie is already fast asleep when he finishes the song. He slowly gets off the bed and kisses Minmin’s forehead. 

“Good night my little Minmin. Thank you for coming to Pa New's life and sharing your happiness. Happy New Year, my baby.” Nu whispered. He fixes a hair that covers the little girl’s face. 

Nu heard a soft knock on the door. 

James is leaning by it while smiling. “Parenthood fits you so well.” 

“I didn’t know that I would come to this.” Nu stands up and comes near to him. James moved a bit away from the door to give Nu some space. 

He looks at Minnie one more time making sure that she is okay and closes the door. He looks at his brother. “But I am happy to be where I am now.” 

“I know you are and I am far more grateful that he came back as you are much happier now than you were before.” They both got down the stairs. 

"Aren’t you gonna stay and just travel when the sun is up?” Nu asks him. 

Net is carrying baby Jude talking seriously with Zee. 

“Nope. We need to go back to the mansion to check on Grandma and then travel to the city.” 

Nu nodded his head. 

“What do you think they are talking about?” Nu asks him again looking at his fiance and his brother-in-law. 

“I have no Idea. They have been talking since you brought Minnie upstairs. You know how serious it is when two businessmen are together.” James looked at her brother. 

“Hmm…” Nu hummed in agreement. 

They come near to them. Zee smiles as soon as he sees Nu. He pulled him by the waist and kissed his temple. “Is she asleep now?” He caressed Nu’s waist. 

“Yes. She must be tired from playing all night.” Nu smiles at him. 

“What time will you guys be leaving for the city tomorrow?” Net hands Jude to James. 

“Maybe in the afternoon as I need to check how the cafe is doing. I have been out for the whole month and Jenny must be exhausted in managing the cafe.” Nu chuckled. 

“Nah. I am sure she can handle it well.” James smiles too.

“We’ll have to get going then.” Net picks up their luggage.