Chapter 27: Masquerade Ball

Zee wakes up in an empty bed.

"Nu?" He called out but no one answered. His heart beats faster.

Was it all just a dream?

He got up from the bed and leaned on the headboard. He closes his eyes.

I should have not woken up. He heaves a deep sigh.

"Good Morning!"

Zee opens his eyes and sees Nu who is leaning by the door. He was wearing Zee's oversized t-shirt.

Zee looks down to Nu's legs who are currently exposed. "Eyes up Panich." Nu chuckles and walks towards the bed. He cuddles onto Zee's lap, circles his arms around Zee's neck and gives him a peck on the lips.

"You really know how to make your man crazy early this morning, Chawarin." Zee smiles as he fondles Nu's slender body.

"I didn't know that you could be so tempted with it." Nu giggles. "And I didn't know that you could be so unromantic when it comes to proposing." Nu raised his left hand and showed Zee the ring.

Zee smiles lovingly at him. "I just want to show off that you are mine. Is it that bad?" Zee pouts.

Nu laughs. "Of course you can. I was just thinking that you can make it grand."

"I know you won't like that. As you are the most intimate person that I know. You only love sharing the most lovely moments with the most important people to you." Zee kisses Nu's nose.

They stayed cuddling with each other for a few minutes. Feeling each other's presence. Each other's warmth.

Zee looks up and locks his eyes with Nu. "I love you." He whispers.

Nu smiles. "I know." He whispers back and gives a light peck on Zee's lips. "Breakfast is ready." Nu changes the topic.

He was about to get up when Zee stopped him. "I'll just eat you instead?"

"Oi...hia..." Nu whined. "I won't be able to sit down if you eat me now and I am hungry already. I just waited for you to wake up so that we could eat together." He was able to break free from Zee's tight grip and stand up.

"Since I cooked breakfast today, you'll be washing the plates." Nu smirked and walked out of the room.

"Yah Nu! That's not fair." Zee calls out to him in disagreement. He gets off the bed and follows the younger one to the kitchen.

True enough Zee was the one who washed the dishes while Nu was sitting on the kitchen counter dangling his feet while eating his favorite dessert.

Zee smiles looking briefly at Nu then back at the last plate and places it on the plate rack. Nu giggles, reading the reactions of his friends. Nu opens his legs a little wider to give some space for Zee to stand in front of him.

"What makes my pretty baby giggle?" He kisses Nu's nose that made the younger one giggle more. "Hmmm..." He kisses Nu on the cheeks.

"It's not only you who can make an unromantic announcement." Nu bites his lip and hands Zee his phone.