Chapter 35: We & Us

Zee goes up to the second floor of the house after he tucked in the twins to get some afternoon sleep. 

“Mar have you seen grandma?” He asks Amara as he passes by her. 

“She is in the library phi.”  She smiles and walks down the stairs. 

Zee comes into the library and sees Grandma Sarah enjoying reading her book while sipping her tea. 

“Hello, grandmama.” 

Sarah looks at him and smiles. 

“Hello dearest.” 

Zee sits in front of her. 

“Is there something that I can help you with?” She puts down her book. 
“I wanted to talk to you.”

Zee hesitated for a moment. He takes a deep breath and looks at her straight in the eye. 

“I know that I have not proven to you that I can be worthy of Nunew.” He fiddles with his hands as he speaks.

Sarah tried to decipher where the young man was going with the conversation. 

"I would like to ask for you to bless me, grandmama and grant me to have Nhu as my husband." 

Sarah smiled lightly but didn't speak. Silence filled the room for a moment. She takes a little sip of her tea before speaking. 

"You are right with what you said." She puts down the cup. "You did not prove it or somehow you were never worth it for my Nunew."

Zee bit his lip. 

"You were a headache to my grandson years ago and even till now. You broke his heart a couple of times and worst of all, you almost brought him to death. What makes you think that you are worthy of him?" 

Zee lowered his head and wasn't able to answer her for a moment. 

 Sarah tilted her head and smiled looking at Zee. 

"Zee look at me." 

The young man raises his head shyly. 

"I will answer my question." She reaches for his hand. "There may be a hundred reasons for you not to be worthy of my Nhu. But there are thousands more reasons why you are worthy to have him and one of those reasons is you make him so happy." 

Zee smiles a bit. 

"So you should never doubt yourself about it because you both are worthy of each other and I could not find any other person that is far more worthy of my grandson but you." 

Tears slowly fall from her cheeks and the same goes for Zee. She reached to her side and grabbed a small box. She opened it and took a bracelet out. 

"I want you to have this." She places the bracelet on Zee's hand. "Take this as a sign of my blessing and as a sign of my approval." 

Zee stands up and gives her a tight hug. "Thank you, Grandma! Thank you!" She kisses her cheeks and gains a giggle from the old woman. 

Amara knocks on the door and takes a peek at them. "Grandma, it's time for your medicine." She comes in with water in her hand and a medicine kit. 

She placed the medicine on top of the table and looked at Zee. "Hia J wants to talk to you. Apologies up ahead if my brother gets too emotional. He is waiting for you in the sitting room. Poppy, Jimmy, Tommy and Park are about to leave." 

Zee nodded at her. He looked at Grandma Sarah who gave him an assuring nod.

"Go and good luck, my grandson." She waved at him. Zee gave her one more hug before going down the stairs.