chapter 16: Beautiful Summer

“It was crazy how it all started.” Nu smiles as they drive their way out of the parking lot. “It started with me being hit by a ball and also me spilling the things that I ate everywhere.” 

“That sounds like you.” Amara giggles. 

“Sure it does.” Nu takes a u-turn. “He then wipes me cause I was wet." 

"What?!" Amara gasps. 

"Not that kind of wipe. Good lerd! What were you thinking!" Nu shakes his head. 

"Oh… that was what I was thinking! You were blushing when you said it. Why would I not think that it doesn't have a double meaning!" She laughs. 

"Amara!" Nu looks at his sister unbelievingly. 

"Alright! Alright! You can't be teased." She wipes the tears that fall from her eyes from laughing too hard. 

"Do you want to know the past or not?" 

"I want to! I am listening!" Amara sits straight and looks at her brother. 

"Stop looking at me! It's creepy!" 

Amara laughs again. "Scaredy cat!" She sticks her tongue out at him then looks on the road.

Nu parked the car in the parking lot and they both got down. 

The after party of the reunion is still going on and people are getting wild. 

"Let's sit on the bench. I don't want to stay inside the room. I am sure hia J and P'Prem will be there all wasted." 

They took a seat at one of the benches facing the sea. 

"Come on hia, tell me!" Amara jumps on her seat out of excitement. 

"After that, he then asks me if he can change my macarons and I said yes. Like they really have to change it or the world will fall apart." Nu bangs his fist into his palm. 

"As if you can do that." Amara rolls her eyes. "You can't even hurt a fly. Then what happened next?" 

"It was summer at that time…"

__________

Nu is sitting on one of the benches waiting for Zee to finish the soccer game. His phone rings a couple of times and checks from who it was. 

He only replied to his brother and ignored the others

"Something is bothering my baby. What is it?"

Nu raises his head and looks at Zee who is standing in front of him. 

Nu immediately grabbed a towel and covered Zee's upper body.