Chapter 30: Ends now

Zee is standing in the sitting room of the lighthouse. The calm sea reflected the cloudy sky. 

It has been a year since that incident happened. He stared at the sea as the clouds floated through it. 

Cloud…

He thought to himself and smiled.

____

Nu runs out of the house and runs to the garden. 

“Zee!” 

Zee opens his arms wide waiting for Nu to jump in and he catches him for a tight hug. 

“I missed you!” 

Zee loses his balance and they both fall in the grass. Zee made sure that Nu’s head wouldn’t hit the ground. 

“I missed you too, baby.” He kisses Nu’s forehead. 

Nu lay down and stared at the sky. 

‘Seems like the weather today is a bit cloudy.; Nu opened his palm and raised it to the sky as if he could touch and play with the clouds. “It’s pretty isn’t it?” He wiggles his finger in the air. 

Zee looks at Nu, “Yes, pretty can be an understatement, it is beautiful.” 

Nu chuckled. “You said it was beautiful but you were looking at me.”

“That is because you are more beautiful than anything else that I’ve seen.” Zee stared at him adoringly. 

“Oh please don’t patronize me.” Nu rolls his eyes and then giggles. 

Zee reaches out for his hand, kisses the back of it and entwines it together. “Nu.” He calls the young one. 

“Hmm?” Nu looks at him. 

Zee rolled to his side facing Nu and leaned his head on his hands. “Why do you love the clouds so much?” 

Nu smiles at Zee’s question. “I thought you already knew the reason.” 

“Nope, I don’t and I would always love to hear your stories as to why you love things.” Zee smiles and bites his lip. 

“Hmm…I know where you are going with this Zee Pruk. You’re going to tease me again after I tell the story.” Nu squinted his eyes. 

“No, no, I am not going to tease you this time. I am just really curious.” Zee put his other hand in the air to swear. 

“Are you sure?” Nu asks, blushing. Zee only nodded his head. 

“I love the cloud because it is the only one in the world that is consistent and it is the only thing that is beautifully connected to the sea and the sunset.” Nu looks back into the clouds. “Just like how you are beautifully connected to me by love.” 

Nu looks back at Zee, who is now lying down and covering his face with his arms. 

“Hia? Are you okay?” Nu asks. He sits up and tries to remove the arm from Zee’s face. He lets Nu remove it but still has his eyes closed.

“Are you blushing?” Nu chuckles but stops when he notices a tear that falls off his cheeks. “Are you crying?!” I didn’t mean to laugh. I’m sorry!” Nu panicked. 

“No…” Zee sits up too. “It’s just that the way you describe it is just too much and when you connected it with us, you made it special for me too.” He wipes the tears.