Let's get comfortable

Atsushi watched as the words on the screen disappeared. The weretiger knew that they would not see any more words for a while. Atsushi wondered if this was the right choice, being locked in here with abilities still active and their most noteworthy enemies not but a few feet away from them. Could they take them if it didn't work? Would the thing that put them here stop them from killing each other? Was he strong enough to protect them? Atsushi's breathing became more frantic as his thoughts spiraled out. Then he felt a warm hand on top of his head. All thoughts came to a halt. As the hand played with his hair, his breathing started to even out.

"You worry too much, Atsushi. I will take care of it."

In response, the young adult nodded his head, a red hue painting his face. Dazai smiled slightly at his apprentice. 'Secrets,' he amused to himself, 'it won't be just you. I wonder if they will grow to despise me,' He looked at Atsushi fidging with his tie. '...if you will.'

A collective of groans and mumbles came to their ears. Dazai stopped petting Atsushi, who let out a slight whimper at the warmth that left his head. They both turn away from the screen to find their co-workers and enemies awakening from their forced slumber.

"Did anyone catch the license plate of that steamroller?" said Tachihara as he held his head as Hirotsu started to become aware of his situation. They sat in the second row in the middle; to their left was Higuchi and Gin, leaning on one another as their eyes fluttered open. On the lower row was Chuuya. In the middle was Akutagawa and a calico cat with orange, black, and white fur. In the seats next to the stairs was the Port Mafia's boss and Kyouyo.

"Well, well, well... isn't this a fun situation we got ourselves in." said Ranpo as he adjusted to his surroundings, "Aw...Aw," he winced, massaging his forehead.

"How di-did we get here?" said Higuchi, sat up abruptly. "Where is Akutagawa!?" She said,

"Here." Akutagawa said with little energy. The bodyguard rose from her seat abruptly but quickly falls back into her chair from dizziness.

"I recommend everyone take a moment for the dizziness to disappear," Dazai said in an all too cheerful voice. Atsushi gazed at him, noting his sudden change in attitude.

"Can anyone remember what we were doing before we got here?" said Kunidika standing from his slumped position.

Now that Atsushi thought about it, he couldn't remember what he was doing before coming here. What was it? He knew it was important. He remembered getting Kyouka a crepe, the joy that was all of her face but he knew there was something more important. A pain that still hadn't gone away.

"Damnit, my head..." said Chuuya, looking around the theater. He growled when he saw Dazai. The brunette turned to the growl and began a staring contest with the hatra–executive.

"Dazai, why are we here?" Said Kunidika.

"Now Kun~idika, for you to suggest I have a role in this is curel." Dazai said without breaking eye contact with his ex-partner.

"I didn't say that. However, now, I think about it, I feel like you did play a role in this." Kunidika moves his gaze from his partner to follow his line of sight to be met with Chuuya Nakahara, a Port Mafia executive. Somehow it got worse as he looked around the mafioso. A collection of Port Mafia's members and one other executive, but the most concerning, surprisingly, wasn't Chuuya; it was the man by the stairs who wore a long black coat and a scarf. The man seemed pleasantly surprised, a smile gracing his face.

"The Port Mafia." He stated, slowly removing his journal from his pocket. The other agency member focused-in on the other group. The other group's members did the same outside of Dazai, Chuuya, and Atsushi. Atsushi, for his part, was looking back and forth between the two.