Ep 9: The Man in Black, Part 2

As he quietly pleads, the episode title is displayed.

The Beauty is Quiet Like a Stone Statue.

"Umm...weird name for this episode," said Higuchi.

The scene is of Dazai, who's singing a song to himself. His new hit single about committing perfect double suicide.

Tachihara starts to sing along with the on-screen Dazai, and then the real Dazai joins in as the screen pauses on a chained-up Dazai. The two stand up and start dancing as Dazai finishes the song. There was no applause, just stunned silence. Tachihara looks around at the audience and then turns to Atsushi, who turns away, trying to pretend he doesn't know the two.

"It is a banger; you guys just have no taste."

"Sit Down, and you look like an idiot." Chuuya yelled from his seat.

They both look at each other and then move back to their seats.

Akutagawa steps down into the basement where Dazai is apparently being held captive. He gets close enough to hear Dazai's song and immediately grits his teeth, unleashing Rashomon on Dazai and aimed for Dazai's neck.

Dazai recoils back, feeling the jaws of Rashimon and the pain of his head hitting the pillar.

"Would have done the same." said Chuuya.

And many agreed with him.

Then he smirked and said, "Oh, I did do the same."

" Hello!" sings Dazai as Akutagawa stares him down, Rashomon crackling around him, "When did you get here?"

For Dazai's part, he feels the weight of Rashomon vanishes. Dazai couldn't help but smile to himself at his older apprentice's anger. The stress he would have felt was gone. Atsushi knew, and that was all that mattered. He smiled with glee.

Rashomon retreats backward and away from Dazai, back into Akutagawa's coat, before he speaks, "I believe you know what fate awaits those who are chained here."

"Dazai, why is it your goal to piss off people that have power over you?"

Dazai could help but laugh at Akutagawa; having power over him in any regard was comical.

"It's not funny."

"Oh, just give it a minute, kitten."

Akutagawa scowled at his former mentor, and those who knew did see where Dazai's humor was coming from, but to them, it wasn't funny; it was terrifying how much power Dazai had over the port mafia.

Dazai sighs, already bored, "It brings back memories! I remember when you were just a rookie!" Thoroughly annoyed, Akutagawa walks closer, "Your sins are grave. After abandoning your mission–"

"Well, technically, he completed his mission."

Akutagawa looked at his supremer, raising an eyebrow as if to say whose side are you on.

"What! You're the one who is giving out an inaccurate report."

"He still needed to write up the incident and wrap up many of our members' deaths. It was his job to do the clean-up."

"We both know that Dazai ain't writing shit though I agree it was a headache to deal with it."

"So even back then, he was doing that shit." said Kunikida, facepalming.

"and vanishing into thin air, you now reappear as an enemy to the Port Mafia."

"As always, Akuatagwa is right; it seems that even someone as smart as you can make a misstep. This is the power you left behind." said Higuchi, quite proud of herself.