Ep 10: I'm On A Boat (Oh, and Tiger v. Rashomon), Part 2

Dazai only keeps going, "So yeah, you've got me. A former executive turned traitor. But you have a problem. If you kill me, a list of all the organizations' transgression will be released. The public prosecutor? He'd be obliged to execute all the Port Mafia leaders. That's more than enough of a threat to trigger a meeting." Dazai finishes with a flare.

"Okay, quick question, why is Dazai still alive," said Tanizaki.

"You want me dead, Tanizaki? I'm hurt."

"No, that's not what I meant at all. I was just sayin' that, that..."

"Stop talking, boy." said Kouyou.

"We still need him," said Mori.

"And you think he would help us. He clearly dislikes you the most." said Tachihara.

"No, he loathes the boss." Higuchi corrected.

"It's not about want, it's about need."

Chuuya sweats a bit, but his eyes burn with passion, "You think you can push the Port Mafia around with a bunch of words? The only execution will be yours!"

Higuchi is slowly learning to keep her mouth shut. This was a cruel joke. "Damnit, who the fuck is this guy!"

"Possibly," agrees Dazai, back to his old self a bit, "But in the end, that will be the Council's decision. If you kill me without their permission, your action would be considered unsanctioned and therefore, a betrayal. You'll be discharged or executed!"

Chuuya is clearly disturbed but keeps pushing, "Even if I decided to go ahead and kill you anyway. I had a feeling you'd actually enjoy that. Wouldn't you?"

Dazai's smile gets softer and he hums a bit in confirmation, "I think it's time you made up your mind."

"Sick fuck." said Chuuya.

"Good thing we went after Atsushi." said Kunikida.

Atsushi could only nod. Dazai was using his one-time card on him. He was about to burst into tears all over again. A hand to calm the younger's tear.

Chuuya huffs with frustration as he clenches his knife.

"Well, then," Dazai says with the tone of someone who has won, "What do you say?"

Chuuya's eyes lock onto Dazai as Dazai continues mocking him, "I'M WAIIITTTINNNGGG CHUUUYYYAAA!"

The knife he's holding swings towards Dazai and...

Everyone held their breath at the swing.

Chuuya backed away from Dazai, the knife stabbed into...

The wall right next to Dazai's neck. Dazai looks over at the knife as a trail of blood goes down his neck, "Really? Not doing it? I was so hoping I'd be the reason you were thrown out! I'm a little disappointed.."

Chuuya freezes as Dazai's words wash over him, "Don't tell me..."

Dazai's words echo again, The main reason was for Atsushi...

Chuuya whips around to yell at Dazai, "Was your second reason to force me between a rock and a hard place!?"

"Yeah, he is definitely Dazai's partner..." said Yosano.

"Yup, that's our Dazai getting off on messing with his partners," said Ranpo.

"Wouldn't be surprised if his partners and apprentices team to beat the living shit out of him one of these days." said Yosano.