Ep 6: Curious, Furious, Part 1

The opening ends, and the camera cuts to Kunikida standing at the door of the detective agency and looked at his watch.

"I've arrive a whole ten seconds early." He muses aloud.

Ranpo started slowly clapping, to which the theater followed suit.

"Maybe none of you understand but those ten second matter when your partner is Dazai."

The clapping stopped.

Some nodded others apologized to Kunikida. Unfortunately, it was a byproduct of working with the bandage man.

"My name is Doppo Kunikida... I'm an idealist at heart and a pragmatism in pursuit of those ideals."

"And I am looking for locate honies in my area." said Yosano in a raspy voice, to which most of the theater got a good chuckle.

He waits until his watch hits exactly 8:00 am.

"It's time."

He walks into the ADA building, "Good morn-"

"Please Help us Mr. Kunikida!" Said a frantically Atsushi.

"See, this is what I mean. Barely put my foot through the door, and I am already being accosted." Kunikida could only shake his head at his past self.

"Poor Kunikida and Poor Atsushi... " said Tanizaki.

"You should be nicer two those two boys." Kouyou said towards Dazai.

"Yes, big sis." He said like a child but then returned his signature smirk as he looked at Atsushi.

Atsushi could only shake his head in fondest of his mentor's antics. 'It's his life's goal to mess with people.' He thought.

Kunikida opens his eyes to stare into the eyes of an absolutely panicked Atsushi.

"What's it this time?" Kunikida asks dryly.

Atsushi stammers out his reply, "I-It's , Look at him!"

He turns around, showing Kunikida that Dazai is standing on their office desk, looking completely insane. He waves his arms crazily and rumbling.

"What The FuCk?!" "What The ActuALly FuCk?!" Most of the theater said in unison in different varieties as they stared at the screen.

"Dazai is too Lanky to be pulling this kind of shit." said Yosano in horror.

"He would fit in perfectly in a hunted house," said Ranpo, which many in the agency got a good chuckle out of the idea; the mafia did not.

"Or the psychiatric ward of a hospital." Said Chuuya to which Dazai glared at his former partner.

"Kunikida!" Dazai sang as he pointed to the ceiling, "It's an emerGeNcY! Just take a Look At This!" Pointing to something not there above his right shoulder.

"Look at what?" Kunikida's eyebrow gets slowly higher and higher.

"Right Here! Silly!" Dazai's crazed smile grows as he shouts.

Kunikida doesn't miss a beat, "All I can see is your stupid face."

"Classic Kunikida burning Dazai left and right." said Ranpo through his munching.

"He really doesn't let up with his jabs." said Tachihara.

"Well there only jabs." said Haruno, petting Mii. Over her shoulder, the agency's boss looked on in sadness as he watch the cat lean into her touch. She continued, "That's they're thing you know. The push and pull on one another. Both having something that makes them unique. T-t–."

At this point, most of the theater was looking at her and her cat, who now was not liking the attention, and proceeded to jump off Haruno's lap. Despite this, she finished the thought.

"The idea is maybe the positive part–the positive attributes of one another will rub off and they both grow as a result."

"How long did that take you to come up with that." Tanizaki said, bitterness souring his normal cheery tone.

"A while and I reminded myself of it everytime those two destroy the office as well as when they solve a high profiled case. They're good together–for each other."

Naomi looked at her brother. The only response Haruni got from the older Tanizaki was a huff as he turned back to the screen. He wanted to let it go, but...

"Mr. Kunikida," He looks at Atsushi. "I found this..." He shows Kunikida a mushroom and Dazai's book, 'The Complete Guide to Suicide."

"The evidence, detective. I would like propose the cause of insanity–" Tachihara paused, then with a dramatic flare. "Magic Mushroom."

"I knew that the 'The Complete Guide to Suicide' was A MasteRPiece-e-e!" Dazai cackled, "Who Would Have Guess I WoUld Only NeEd To Eat ThOse MUSHroOms Near By To Have Such An EnTERrtaining Exit!"

"So he thought those mushrooms were poisonous..." Kunikida said, having reached his limits years ago.

"Oh, well... He thought they were but in actuality they were–!" Atsushi stammers nervously.

"YES, I Finally Catch You Mr. Rainbow Pill Bug!" Dazai shouts as he launches at Atsushi.

"I'm going to go organize reports." Kunikida says calmly, turning away from Dazai, who was immobilizing the weretiger.

"You're just going to leave that poor weretiger to the insanity that is Dazai." said Tachihara.

"He made his choice when he choice Dazai to be his mentor thus he gets to babysit him until I'm done." The blond detective leaned his head on his hand, slightly distancing himself from his partner.

"HUH?!" Atsushi exclaimed as Dazai hung off him like wet clothes.

"Couldn't you just throw him off." said Kyoko.

"But that would hurt Dazai plus he's stronger than he looks remember ex-mafia member." Atsushi said with a blush forming on his cheek.

"Kid that means nothing that lanky basterd is below average when it comes physical prowess I mean the bottom of the barrel." The Mafiosos stated with plain indifference to his ex-partner.

"I'm not sure that opening gives a lot of evidence otherwise plus he out run the tiger." The weretiger said to Chuuya, who replied with a low growl.

"Well at least I don't wear tacky hats to increase my height."

"Knock it off about my height already."

"Make me pipsqueak."

The both started to growl at the other from their respective seat.

"Can we get back to the show, please." Atsushi exclaimed from his spot. The weretiger found himself confused by the two's relationship, it was nothing like Dazai and Kunikida, and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.

Kunikida sits calmly at his desk and begins his morning routine; Dazai quickly jumps onto his desk and grabs Kunikida's face.

"Kunikida You should come to The afterlife TOO!" sings Dazai, moving Kunikida's face. Kunikia looks over to Atsushi, who was tied in bandages.

"Hmmp...Seem to me he had no problem tying you up." said Chuuya, arms crossed.

"He's high on mushrooms." He excused.

"Still..."

"All the drinks you can handled. Mountains and Mountains of food to eat. All the sleeping beauties you can ever–!" Kunikida flips Dazai around and slams him on his back, "Stop this nonsense!"

'How can two people this completely incompatible, work together?' Atsushi, watched the two's interact with confusion.

"Simple kid, it's Dazai." The executive pointed out.