Ep 8: Kitty Cat, the Assassin, and the voice on the phone, Final

Two individuals are exhausted, sitting on a deck against a sunset, with clouds in the distance. One slopped over in a sitting position dressed in black, and the other laying on the ground, his black and white clothes in tethers—the camera forces on him.

The audience looked on in shock at the change. Many who were still standing found themselves seated from the change. Akutagawa looked at the screen, recognizing himself seemingly completely spent of energy. Then, he heard the weretiger.

'I'm spent, if he stands back up. I don't know what I will do.' He says to himself.

'Was this what Dazai saw that made him so certain that we need to be here together.' Chuuya question.

Both their eyes wide at the realization their opponent is still standing. The wind blowing his blond hair; glowing green lines cover him.

'I would never.' He was disgusted by what the screen was showing him. Forming a duo with him, out of all of them just took some out of him.

He appeared out of it as he quietly proclaimed. "I did it–," He reaches out his hand towards the camera, "Zelda. I'll be there soon."

"Oh, I think I know him."

"You do Big Sis."

"Yeah, and it's bad but it seems like we–they won. So, why are we here?"

Ranpo took in the conversation between the two executives as he gently rubbed Yosano back.

As he begins to fall. "And bring you the happiness you always deserved." A red zero takes his place, blicking. The man returns, falling from the ruins of their fight.

Atsushi gets up in a rush, letting out a puff of air. "He still has the control terminal."

The doctor looked on at the screen as Atsushi rushed to the other man. There was something about Atsushi but she felt bad for him. She wondered if it would have been better to leave him out of all of this pain. It only remained her more of her time in the war. Was it fair? The good doctor looked to Ranpo for an answer but even he found himself stubbed.

Running to the falling man, he is stopped right before jumping off by his rival. He is falling flat on his face.

"He can't let up for a moment, huh." Tanizaki whispered to sister who chuckled and agreed wholeheartedly. Akutagawa rolled his eyes at the comment but elected not to say anything.

"You idiot," Akutagawa stands up. "Weren't you paying attention," He raised what would seem to be the control terminal. "I took it from him during the last attack."

"Well, it certainly seems like you two work well together." Akutagawa turned to the voice that dared to raise such a statement. He was met with an old man pointing at his sibling. He tched and turned the back to the screen.

Atsushi turns around, comically exclaiming, "What!" Running over to him and taking the controller. "Why haven't you stopped it." He starts pressing on the screen until it stops descending. He falls to his knees with relief. Akutagawa puts his foot on Atsushi's face.

Akutagawa got a chuckle out of the exchange. So, did many others. As the great detective watched it was clear what Dazai wanted from his two apprentices though whether they could deliver all of what he asked he wasn't sure. A part of him wanted Dazai to lower his expectations a little.

"I would love to rip you to shreds right now, but I have used up all of my strength, so this will have to do."

"You're going to pay for this, I swear." The weretiger says against his rival's foot.