Ending Song

Atsushi was shown holding a book as the pages started to fly away.

I was searching for the reason

"Wow, we finally get to see this ending song." said Ranpo. He reached into his pocket to get a cookie. "Screen Bro as Tachihara has dubbed them better not skip this again." Then he scanned the room and blankly stated, "I want you to keep your mellow drama to a minimum. I ain't missing this again."

As the pages fly further away, two other individuals appeared. The two were Dazai and Akutagawa.

To be myself

"It sounds so pretty..." said Haruno.

"What's up with the pages." said Tanizaki.

It cuts to him laying down next to Dazai as Atsushi turns to him, looking for something. His hand is shown, he extends his pinkie towards Dazai's hand. Then, it cuts to him sitting on a window ceal with the glass broken as he looked out into a full moon.

If I am living

"This is really relaxing, exactly what we all needed." said Yosano.

"Agreed, and it's so cute." Atsushi blushed at Naomi excited agreement.

Atsushi knew that window and those walls. 'The orphanage...' So many nights he sat in that cell looking up at the stars wishing for a place where he could be called human. It made sense that it would touch on some of his background but he preferred to stop having it shoved in his face. That was his mind's job to drag him down into his trauma. And he was trying to just push it down and stop thinking about it over and over again.

Shift to Akutagawa walking towards the camera with Yokohama behind him. The whole thing was shrouded in a red hue.

Within my heart

"Why is this guy on screen?" said Atsushi.

"Maybe 'cause I am more noteworthy than a filthy animal."

"Says the guy who's nickname is Mad Dog."

"Well, at least I don't lick my balls to groom myself, weretiger." That earned a chuckle from Dazai and a low hiss from Atsushi.

"I don't do tha–!" Atsushi started but was interrupted by Ranpo.

"Atsushi, I am trying to watch the ending song."

"Sorry, Ranpo." He looked down at his lap; if he had a tail and tiger ears on display, they would be down too.

It cuts rapidly between a blue toy elephant, Dazai with blood coming down his mouth, a wooden penguin, then a close-up of Atsushi's face. To land on Atsushi standing with pages flying through the scene as his shadow shifts to a tiger.

Then I can be someone

The beat ramps up as his tiger becomes more noticeable.

Who can overcome the darkness

By this point it became clear that the ending song was only going to show Atsushi, Akutagawa, and Dazai. The song reflected their dynamic within the story being told which meant this was going to be drg up the negative emotion between the two apprentices. But many could find soless in the music being played; it was peaceful and invoked a feeling that the whole could hear being played in their own stories. The feeling being melancholy.

A book is shown as the wind rapidly pushes its pages until it finally stops. Rapidly, it cuts to Akutagawa in a red haze looking at Atsushi and Dazai in a white backdrop. Atsushi leaning on Dazai, look at Akutagawa as the brunette looks back at the two from the corner of his eye.