Ep 10: I'm On A Boat (Oh, and Tiger v. Rashomon), Part 4

Atsushi sets Kyouka down against a pillar, his arms fully tuned into the tiger's. Her head slumps to the side, her flower hair accessories pressing on her shoulder.

"Curious," Akutagawa remarks as Atsushi begins to walk towards him, "I had a feeling things would eventually end like this between us."

Underneath their feet, gas begins to build up, making a hissing noise.

"You're not gonna get that bounty," Atsushi tells him, hiding his anger rather well.

"Don't worry," Akutagawa says back, "My intentions to hand you over alive have expired."

"This is awesome." said Yosano, drinking her wine from the bottle. Eyes glue to the scene.

The gas hisses, louder this time.

Dazai found himself sighing again. 'Human Nature.'

Atsushi's gaze, full of the anger and hate that has been building up since the first time they meet, meets Akutagawa's own blank, dead, and just as fury-filled stare.

"I can't forgive you for this."

"Way better than the Chuuya's and Dazai's fight." said Tanizaki.

"The sentiment is mutual."

"Of course, those two are friends." said Tachihara.

"We ain't friends." "We're not friends."

But they were right, this fight was something no one could look away from.

The gas hisses even louder, building the growing tensen.

The music builds and builds and builds, switching between Atsushi's righteous anger and Akutagawa's menacing fury until it is impossible to tell the difference.

Boom.

"And We're Off!" said Tachihara in an announcer's voice.

An explosion goes off as the two launch themselves at each other, aiming to kill. Their silhouettes are even more pronounced flames roaring around them.

Atsushi goes in for the first strike...

Every exchange of blows left the audience in awe of the violence the two were capable of, particularly Atsushi. They had never seen him like that. Some even thought he was aiming to kill.

Yosano thought that Atsushi was trying to protect–to survive. 'Would it be enough.' She looked to Dazai and Ranpo neither seemed all too worried about the altercation.

The smoke around him clears and Atsushi is there, using it as a distraction. He again fails to account for Devoured Space, his fist collides with the shield.

This is the same ability that stopped those bullets, Atsushi thinks as he shoves his hand against the shield, My attacks won't get through as long as it's active.

"Pathetic," Akutagawa grunts and pushes back at Atsushi. Atsushi flies backwards through the air, not expecting it. Akutagawa takes the opportunity to again get Atsushi away from him. Rashomon winds its way around Atsushi's arms and yanks him up into the sky.

Dazai took a drink of his sake.

"Is that the best you can do?" asks Akutagawa, eyes trained on Atsushi.

A strand of Rashomon emerges from his coat and sharpens itself into a blade.

"I don't like torture," Akutagawa spits the next words with venom, "However, you have nothing to blame but your own weakness. You've deluded yourself into thinking you were worthy, just because you were accepted by those fools at the agency. That in itself was merely a matter of happenstance."