Ep 10: I'm On A Boat (Oh, and Tiger v. Rashomon), Part 3

It's Kyouka. She seems relatively calm for someone who was kidnapped. It reassures Atsushi, who begins to rise to his feet, though weak.

"Hey," He stammers to her, "Did you.... Come here to rescue me?"

"The real smart Atsushi." said Tachihara.

"Yup," said Higuchi.

"I was dead."

Then Rashomon roars to life, wrapping around Atsushi's foot and dragging him out through the doors of the tank. Atsushi screams in terror as Kyouka watches him fly through the air–,

Atsushi braces for impact but nothing happens. He pats his body a few times before looking at Dazai in shock. Dazai seemed slightly in shock himself but piece it together quite quickly but before he can speak Atsushi onscreen yells out.

Akutagawa stamps down on Atsushi's already injured shoulder. Atsushi hisses with pain and the scene shows Akutagawa's blank face as he stares impassively down at his target.

"I had struck to kill," he muses aloud, "However, it seems your healing powers are partially in effect."

Everyone expected a cry of pain coming from the weretiger but there was nothing. No groan. No plea. Not even a whimper. So, either Atsushi becomes stone or...

"Atsushi, why aren't you riving on the floor begging to any god to finish the job."

"I never begged."

"Point remains."

Atsushi patted his body down for a few seconds but he was fine. Actually, he felt great.

"I don't know."

"I think it's because we are in the future," said Ranpo.

"That wasn't what the message said though." Kyouka mumbled more to herself than to the crowd.

"Pain was the price for this viewing. If Atsushi isn't in pain, what is the payment now?" Hirustu asked.

"You're certain we are in the future, right?" said Naomi.

"Yup."

"The last thing I remember was being dragged onto the boat." Atsushi looked at Dazai and he couldn't help but wonder if what they had said made the screen bro mad.

Many grew worried that the price had changed with no indication from "screen bro".

Atsushi snarls through his teeth at him, Where am I? At sea?

"This ship is usually used for smuggling weapons," Akutagawa's tone is still as flat as ever. He grinds his foot deeper into Atsushi's wounds, "But today it's been reserved just for you–."

"Atsushi is worth seven billion. He desires the best."

The anxiety didn't go away

"You should savor this voyage before we hand you over. It will likely be your last."

"Well, we ain't got no proof of that," said Yosano.

Atsushi grasped Akutagawa's ankle, trying to force it off of him. It's to no avail. Akutagawa only pushes his foot harder down as Atsushi struggles to move. The scene shows Akutagawa from the perspective of Atsushi, a demonic figure with red glowing eyes. Everything about this Akutagawa is sharp and angry.

"Oh, back in Atsushi's head I see. It is always nice to see the world from your perspective."

I can't win in a fight against him, Atsushi thinks, I need to find an opening and run. His eyes shine with desperation