Ep 9: The Man in Black, Final

Kunikida heads over to Fukuzawa and bows with an apology, "Please forgive me. As soon as our work is done, I'll gather whatever information on...:"

" Plans have changed," Fukuzawa interrupts what seems to be a Kunikida ramble, "Listen up! All of you. Our newest member has been abducted, the current project will be suspended until he has been returned to us, safe and sound."

"Show me who you guys care about more," said Dazai with his arm crossed.

"Yeah, Atsushi." said the good Doctor.

" Suspended?" Ranpo says, needing clarification.

"Don't be too shocked there, Ranpo." said Tanizaki.

"You really are staying on this. I will correct my errors." With a eyeroll.

"Cause you don't actually believe that shit."

"This bounty isn't about us."

"But he is with us and we are the agency."

"The bounty cam–"

"Enough! I want to watch the damn show." said Chuuya. "One would think you lot would be better than bitching about saving a kid. Not really morally upstanding." Many at Mafia agreed with judgmental stares.

"We never claimed that... For heaven's sake we got Dazai on our team." Ranpo proclaimed.

"Heyyyyy!"

Fukuzawa sounds slightly annoyed now, "One of our own is in danger. He needs help. Are you telling me that there is any better reasoning than that?"

"And that's how you shut down a genius." Tachihara laughed.

"Only Fukuzawa can," said Yosano.

Ranpo frowns, and his face becomes a bit more squishy before he turns and looks away from the others.

It wasn't like he hated Atsushi. On the contrary, he liked the kid, but Dazai wasn't the only one that got a premonition. He just wanted to protect what they had, and Atsushi brought Mori to their door. The kid was a nexus. He just didn't know where to place him. Ranpo slowly chewed down on his candy. 'But Dazai was certain it wouldn't be a problem. He wanted to agree...'

" Kunikida," continues Fukuzawa as Kunikida bows to him again, "Sir."

Fukuzawa turns around and walks back into his office, dramatically," You have three hours."

Mori could only roll his eyes at the man's dramatic turn.

" Understood!" Kunikida shouts after him.

Back in the basement prison, Dazai yawns, bored with his situation. Until he hears a noise, that is.

Footsteps...

"Oh, god we are back with Dazai." Naomi shook her head.

"I'm going to need a break after this." Tanizaki agreed.

If my predictions are correct, then that means.... Dazai rolls his eyes and gazes at his chains, "It's about time!"

It's then that he notices who is making those footsteps.

A man with a hat, and a silver chain bounced from the side. His voice is slurred and bored, "Plotting as usual, aren't we?"

Dazai actually looks rather terrified, and his eyebrows twitch, "I know that voice."