Ep 6: Curious, Furious, Opening Song

Sometime in the dead of night, Atsushi sat on the stairs of an empty theater. He was still processing all that had happened; it was too much for him to think about at some unknown time in the night, but here is where he found himself. He knew what kind of man Dazai was, and he wasn't that oblivious to the truth. It's just a disconnect. And then there is Kyouka. She was a prime example of all of Dazai's actions toward his rival and how quick that mad dog was to pass down those teaches to Kyouka.

Dazai was good. His Dazai isn't the Dazai that was on the screen nor who answered those questions early. So he sat with it and wondered if he would get clarity on who Dazai is. Was his just a beautiful illusion created for some greater purpose? That their relationship was heavy manipulation by the other Dazai.

"Did any of it matter–?!" The weretiger folded in on himself. It was driving him up the wall.

He heard a gentle swing of the theater door open. The young adult turned to the door as it revealed Dazai. He wondered if he even needed to search for him or if it was a given he would be here.

"I can be manipulative." The first thing Dazai said to Atsushi.

"Your knowledge of the fact doesn't make it better." He turned away from the door. The sounds of Dazai's shoes descending the stairs echo throughout the theater.

"He brings out the worst in me." His voice sounded closer in sound but distant in tone.

"Can't you jus–."

"I see him and I am reminded of those days."

"Can't you just say sorry is that so hard." The younger said, letting out a breath.

There's a pause, and in his usual style, he completely, ignored the question in its entirety. "So, have you made a verdict, yet."

"No, cause I just can't put it together." He was annoyed by the brunette's choice to brush over his question. "And you!" He turned back in anger to find Dazai right in front of him with his signature smile. He narrowed his eyes at the older. "You can be dishonest." He whispered, letting the feeling of betrayal coating his words.

"That I can." His mentor directed his eyes away from his own purple-gold ones.

Silence fell over them as Dazai sat down on the stair Atsushi had been sitting on. Begrudgingly, Atsushi sat next to him, folding in on himself to avoid more conversation. The little discussion drained him of all his fight and anger; all that was left was exhaustion. Which is what Dazai tended to always do to him drain him. He believed that Dazai was a good person and that he was trying. But DAMNIT, he could try just a little more.

"Tell me, what was it that you came up with for my past occupation."

"Dazai."

"I'm curious."

He reached into his pocket and pulled at a piece a paper. The youth handed it to his mentor. Dazai slowly unfolded the piece of paper to see several crossed out occupations until he looked at the bottom of the page. There circled, the final conclusion was a, "An insurance investigator?" Dazai said out loud.

"Yup, that's what we came up with."

"I can see it." His tone cheerful and warm. A part of Atsushi wanted to wrap himself in that security he found in his tone. Dazai, the Agency was his home and he wouldn't let any one destory that weather it was the port mafia, Dazai, or himself. So, he made a decision.

"I've decided, I'm not going to listen to a word you say. I'm just–?" The weretiger broke off in thought.

"Is that so." A smile graced Dazai's face, his answer seemed to have pleased him.