Ep 8: Kitty Cat, the Assassin, and the voice on the phone, Part 1

Feeling nice, here's another chapter thanks for the love 🥰❤️🥳 Also you can read more on AO3 as this is being slowly updated
———————————-

The president walked them to the dining hall. He would nip this in the bud right now before it left cracks that could not be healed. The other two followed after him less than enthusiastically as they took seats across from one another. The president pulled a chair up to the table, sitting between the two as a moderator.

He reflected on Dazai's time at the agency. He had an idea of his previous occupation and what it entailed, but Ranpo never seemed weary of the brunette. In fact, he knew he was fond of all of their employees despite how he presented his care. He grimaces at the thought. So for the sake of the peace that he and Ranpo had made, he would try to resolve this gloomy cloud that had taken over Kunikida's thoughts on Dazai.

"So, which of you would like to start?" The president questioned. They both eyed one another. It was unsurprising at all that neither had anything to say to the other. Despite how Dazai acted on a daily basis with Kunikida, he was just as headstrong as the other man when he wanted to be. So they all sit in the quiet light of the dining hall's fake candle lighting in contemplative silence.

"I guess I will start. I was aware of who Dazai was when I employed him. That's why I told you to act if you saw anything to be questioned but time and time again Dazai has proven his loyalty to the agency and to the safety of Yokohama. I understand your frustration but it doesn't matter now."

"It's not frustration." Kunikida let out.

"Could've fooled me." Dazai grew more and more annoyed with this being shoved in his face.

The president sighed again. "You two work great together. You complement one another like a black cat with green eyes."

"Just because we work well together doesn't change how this whole thing has been. And worst of all, you're right cause you're always right, right!"

"I just..."

"It's broken trust, Dazai. I spent two years trying to get a handle on you. Despite who you are, I worked with you and some days. I think that this is the teamwork I want from my partner with a simple glaze and I know what you're asking. Then we woke up here..."

"This is why..."

"I'm not done. I have been trying to process what you told me."

"I didn't tell you that to hurt you. I just don't want to see you fall. Cause, you hold onto things that should just be let go. "

"Is that how you see it cause I don't. My ideals are not so immovable."

As Atsushi sat in the theater, his head just kept on pounding away and showing him everything that happened when he took Kyouka around the city. However, there was this gap of time that was missing. They were enjoying the sight from all the way up the Ferris Wheels, and then... His headache lunged forward. His mind fixated on the word, 'then'. The next memory was darkness. The way the cold clung to his skin through the blood seeping out of his body. That place reminded him of the orphanage, the cell that was his home for years and years. His chest was hot. A line that went through his chest that twisted and caused his blood to turn. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Kyouka, can you remember what happened before we got here?"

The younger looked back at him with dough eyes. In her usual voice, she said, "You don't remember."

The weretiger shook his head, as much as he tried, there was a gap in his memory. The Ferris wheel than darkness as he bleed out. He didn't want to put it into words.