Ep.1: The Sunset, Part 3

Dazai continues, his arm on the table, "Yes, a furious man-eating who has recently appeared in the city." The scene becomes blurry around the detectives leaving only Atsushi in focus. "Well, not that we know for sure if it's eaten anyone, but it's caused general chaos. The authorities have received all kinds of scary reports about."

Atsushi fell over in fear, the bowls clattering.

"Oh, shit. Run weretiger they're onto you." Tachihara exclaimed, a few chuckled at his comment.

"Umm...that's not why Im scared." Atsushi whispered out.

"What other reason is there?" Tachihara raised an eyebrow.

Atsushi grew nervous, putting his pointer fingers together.

"Well...Umm..."

"He didn't know, he was the tiger." Dazai cuts in.

"So, what you're telling me is that the weretiger wasn't even aware of his ability until he met you ." Akutagawa said, his glare out in full force at the younger apprentice.

Ranpo eyed the two as they engaged in a stare off, mouth filled with kettle corn.

"Yes." Dazai answered with authority the agency normally would not hear in it.

Atsushi starts to crawl away, "I-I'll be leaving now, g-goodbye." He gets jerked back by Kunikida who grabs his shirt.

"Not so fast."

Atsushi tries to run as Kunikida begins to interrogate him.

After Kunikida begins, Atsushi stops moving, turning around, his eyes showing real fear.

"There's no way you can stop that animal."

"Confident, aren't we?" Ranpo tensed.

"I didn't know." Said Atsushi pulled his knees in to hug them.

Kunikida lifts an eyebrow, "Really, now? Tell us what you know."

Atsushi starts trying to run again, " That thing is after me! It tried to kill me! If it has been seen, then I should go now!"

Kunikida drops him, then grabs his arm, pinning him to the ground. "Pay for the-"

Atsushi felt it. The weight of Kunidika on him and the pain in his arm from being forced into an unnatural position.

Dazai eyed Atsushi seeing the pain contort on his face and how ridge he had become.

"Atsushi, what's wrong?"

He turned to Dazai but by then it was gone as the Dazai on the screen stopped Kunidika.

Dazai sts next to him, "What do you know about this Tiger?"

'Maybe, it was nothing...' Atsushi thought as he rubbed his arm. Dazai watched the young adult.

'Hmm...so that's what it meant. This will not be pleasant for some people.' Dazai thought, eyes still on Atsushi.

"I'm fine."

Dazai only nodded in response.

"-we were already on a tight budget, they had to let some people go."

The screen shifted to Atsushi standing in front of the gates of an orphanage, the adults who ran the place, shouting the same lines from earlier at the boy.

Atsushi was shown kneeling in front of them, "Why me? I didn't do anything?"

"We don't need leches like you." one said.