Ep 7: I'm looking at it now and I..., Part 1

The black screen shows the title of the show as it begins the next episode, opening on several ADA members sitting in their conference room, including Haruno and Kenji. Kunikida breaks the eerie silence, "A mysterious crinmal is threatening to release a bomb somewhere in the city. Furthermore, an attack was made on the agency's reputation."

"I will say it again, y'all get nothing out of this detective gig. Seems so stressful." said Tachihara.

"Well, yeah, saving lives and all." said Dazai.

Kunikida takes out a big file.

"This is the contract that was left for us by the person we are dealing with. I will read it aloud."

"To those whom it concerns. It pleases me to see your agency is prosperous in these times. I have taken the liberty of placing a large amount of lethal explosives somewhere here in the city of Yokohama. In the interest of public safety. I kindly ask you to locate and disarm this bomb with the utmost of urgency. You have until sunset.

Warmest regards, The Azure Messenger."

"How kind of them to make it a game of sorts." said Tanizaki; the whole situation was exhausting, and he wasn't even in the field for this case.

"Toying with us, it makes me sick." Kunikida found himself growing angry again about how this all turned out. He pulled out his notebook, writing down his thoughts.

Fukuzawa sighs, "Do we know the identity of the Azure Messenger?"

"No, we don't."

"I will never understand the choice she made to do this and for what, he's dead and the dead don't talk back they don't care of the concerns of the living so why..." Kunikida whispered, his grief taking over his voice. Dazai and Ranpo heard his lament neither knew the answer to his plea.

Dazai looked down; he played with a matchbook that was in his pocket. 'This one will be an ordeal.'

Yosano tips her head to the side, "–Normally nothing fazes the agency. But this kind of attack is something it won't endure."

"Yeah, that damn agency are like cockroaches." Tachihara shudders, thinking about when they raided the agency's office and got their asses handed to them.

"Don't worry we will get them next time we go toe to toe." Gin wrote, and Hirutsu read out.

"Yeah..." Tachihara whispered, slightly unsure of that result.

"That is already set in motion." said Akugatawa. Dazai rolled his eyes at the comment. It already felt as if all that was months ago when it was only yesterday when he was accosted by a small assassin. Said small seemed to be very attached to Atsushi. Dazai wondered what the boy had done to bring about this fondness. He could imagine, but the brunette was sure he would be able to see his apprentice winning over the fourteen-year-old. And that brought him warmth in his heart.

Haruno's normally cheerful face fades, "We have been looking at potential bomb locations, but there are simply too many possibilities."

"Woah, this is the first time I've seen myself on-screen. It is kind of refreshing."

"And hopeful you'll get more." naomi hugged haruno cause the cat to jump out of her lap.

"I don't know screentime means I might be in danger."

"Oh, good point."

Kenji raises his hand, "Excuse me! Have we been able to get in touch with Ranpo?"

"Thank you, Kenji, for asking the real questions. When in doubt ask for ranpo for a way out." Tanizaki, with a bounce in his voice, exclaimed.

"Words to live off." Dazai agreed. Atsushi nodded in agreement with Dazai's agreement.