Er

Doctor Mori found himself inspecting Akutagawa; it was as bland as some of the early episodes of this little show. There was just nothing for him to do with the youth. He had no idea what would be needed, with him being unconscious. To be fair, the boss could guess the Rashomon user's injuries. The older man plops himself down onto the seat next to the cot. He started to pull out his tools for an IV. Once done, he set up Akutagawa's arm for the drip. He took a calming breath, but the door burst open before he could put the needle in. The boss turned his head to the group coming in.

A pleasant smile grazed as he spotted his former executive carrying his new apprentice and former trainee. 'Now, that would be more interesting.' A gleam shined in his eyes as Dazai laid Atsushi on the cot by the door. The good doctor hastful walked past the two to reach her supplies.

Two of his favorite people had entered the room, and a fascinating detective who only grew more enticing by the passing minutes. He watched from the corner of his eye as Yosano fluttered around the room. He never grew bored of watching her at work. The graceful dance of analyzing a patient's treatment only another doctor could appreciate. Turning his focus on his patient, the doctor felt around for his vein, feeling the soft thump of Akutagawa's heart under his fingers. He wiped the skin before slowly pressing his needle into his arm, the blood pooling into the cannula. Once it was established, he removed the band around the top of the younger's arm. He was taking off the vial of blood, taping down the needle, and connecting to the line where the saline was hanging above the cot. Mori raised from his seat, watching the saline flow down the line. He looked over at the other two, Yosano's face twisting in concern as she examined her patient. What was even more noticeable was Atsushi's complexion; he looked pale, which was not the case while in the theater. Mori watched, marveling at how fast his skin seemed to go to an average complexion. 'A truly marvelous healing fracture within seconds of Dazai letting go of the boy, his ability kicks in.'

Yosano scrunched her nose, raising her glasses. Atsushi was severely injured, mentally and physically. He needed sleep, a good meal, and limited movement. However, she doubted that anyone had time for that. She could still remember the feeling of death clenching around right before her ability to heal the older injuries.

The good doctor slowly put her tools down. "Dazai–," She turned to the younger, looking at Doctor Mori. His eyes slid over to the good doctor. "He isn't well. His ability is trying to heal the damage, but it's mostly all in his head, and the injuries he needs to heal are not healing. I could give him a drip or–?"

Dazai focused on Yosano. "Or."

"He is unconscious and unable to dictate what he would like." Her eyes asked something of him as she continued, "My ability might be able to help." She sighed, looking at her heels. "The conditions for use of it, is always with the mindset, the need for treatment. This overrides a lot of the medical processes but I have no idea if it will help him, and technically he doesn't need it." She drifted her eyes to Doctor Mori and Akutagawa. "either of them."

"I do agree it would appear his ability is working overtime in healing everything almost like he can't actually find the cause." Two sets of eyes locked onto the mafia boss.

"Oh, I didn't realize this was a private conversation. I'll just be over here." He turned to his patient, grabbing a vile of morphine and a surge.

Yosano took a deep breath in, turning away from the other doctor. "I don't want to use my ability to heal him, however if you think I should, then I will." She looked directly at the ex-mafioso. "Do you want me to use my ability, Dazai?"

The real question finally left her mouth. The mentor looked down at his mentee as he slept peacefully, but he knew it was anything but daydreams. Atsushi's ability was like his own in many ways. The user was given abilities that always remain active, though for Atsushi; it grew with every step he took in accepting himself. There was a base-level activation. No Longer Human and Beast beneath the Moonlight had a crossover, something he was sure Mori had taken note of in the fight with Akutagawa. The youth could tear through an ability. Dazai looked across at the other doctor; he was certain that Mori wanted a closer look at the boy. It made his skin crawl. None of this mattered because right now, Atsushi was in a lot of pain, and all he could tell the doctor was to give him the drip. But there was no telling when he would wake up. Dazai opened his mouth to answer the good doctor but was cut off by Mori.

"If not too much trouble I could look him over. No one can go wrong with a second opinion."

Dazai closed his eyes for a second. The presence of Mori was unneeded yet unavoidable. He wanted to ignore the older man and pretend he wasn't there. "No, thank you, Doctor Mori. Give him the drip."

"Okay, then."

"One last thing," She moved closer to her colleague. "I need you to keep the physical contact to a minimum."

Dazai seemed to mull this over, his face appearing as if the doctor had just asked something so bizarre that it was absurd. "I can keep my hands to myself, Doctor."

Her eyes narrowed. She didn't believe him but didn't argue on the matter, not with Doctor Mori so close by listening to them. Dazai pulled away from her so she could focus on Atsushi. He grabbed a chair and put himself in the corner to watch both Doctors as they worked on his apprentice. He pulled out his favorite book, only to spot Sensei under Atsushi's cot. He was unsure when he arrived in this place, but he was seemingly sleeping his retirement away.

Over time both doctors faded away, leaving one conscious person, two people unconscious, and one cat. Said cat made his way to him and sat at his foot.

"Is there something you would like to discuss, Sensei?" The cat nuzzles his leg, turning himself from cat to human. The older man leaned onto the railing of Atsushi's cot as he looked at the former mafioso.

"That was fun, wasn't it."

"Something like that." Dazai adjusted himself in the folding chair.

"So, the guild?"

"I believe so. I am still putting it together. Though I can think of one individual that might be behind this chaos."

"Besides you of course." Sensei added.

"Of course..." He turned a page in his book in his normal emotionless voice. "You're not angry with me, Sensei?"

"To what anger would you have earned that I myself have not resided in with my own." Natsumo looked at the older apprentice. "As long as you acknowledge the response to said actions. What does it matter."

Dazai hummed in response to his statement.

"One thing: limit your contact with young Nakajima."

"First, the doctor, now you. I am that incapable of keeping my hands to myself."

"I think that Atsushi and you are very close with one another. Maybe it started as you trying to repair his feelings on human contact." He looked at the detective on the bed. "Now, however, you both gain something from it. Which is why we are telling you that he needs to heal so no matter what you see in there, keep your hands to yourself or better yet pet young Akutagawa."

Dazai grimaced at the thought of physical contact with Akutagawa. It felt wrong. It just wasn't their dynamic with one another. "The response to said actions, better known as consequence." Sensei walked around to the right side of Atsushi. Dazai eyed the older man.

"It is time for my third nap of the day, so if you don't mind." Natsume activated his ability once in cat form, walked on top of Atsushi, and made himself comfortable on his stomach. The cat ensured that Dazai remained at a distance from his younger apprentice. He went back to his book as purring started up across from him. He grimaced.