Chapter 20: Jase

Jase' POV

I don't know how to feel about 1st period. It either really sucks or it's really fun. There's no in between. Being that it's my first class of the day and it's Anatomy and Physiology, it's hard to stay awake in there.

But lately, texting Camila has been the only reason why I stay awake in that class. I know that's such a bad example, but I need a reason to stay awake, and since she's 3 hours ahead, she's awake and ready to distract me while I'm in class at around 7:45am. Luckily that class goes by fast when I'm not paying attention and texting her, so I was off to my 2nd period class within no time.

I text her throughout the day and I try to not keep her waiting, but I can't always be consistent because of school. She understands though, and I'm glad that she does. I really miss her to be honest.

It's been about a few weeks since she's left and we've been in touch since the night I left Los Angeles. I'd say we're doing this whole distance thing pretty good so far.

I walk these halls seeing so many couples hand in hand, walking each other to class. I really wish I was able to do that with her. I wish she was here with me, and I could show her off as the beautiful girl she is. But it's very complicated. It isn't that easy.

I flashbacked to just 2 days ago where Sofi, Camila's younger sister, had blurted out that I was Camila's boyfriend. The sound of that was music to my ears. Damn what I would do to be hers.

The bell rang and I was out of my 2nd period class which was my AP Spanish class. Finally, honestly I don't mind that class, it's just today I've just been wanting to go home already and talk to Camila. That's really all I want to do.

So I trudged along in the busy halls, and made it to my locker. My twin sister was already standing right next to it waiting for me. We had the same lunch, and so did Kyleigh, so of course we ate lunch together. Kyleigh met us in the cafeteria since her class was farther than ours.

"How was spanish brother?" My sister asked me as I turned my lock to put in the combination opening my locker.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It was okay. My stomach kept grumbling though it wouldn't shut up," I chuckled slightly. I hate when that happens, especially during a test.

"Oh!" She exclaimed, and I looked at her strangely as I put the needed books in my backpack. "By the way, don't forget, you have an appointment to meet with your therapist today at 3:30," she reminded me, and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't too fond of my therapist. I wasn't too fond of being reminded every single appointment of that night.

"Jase don't roll your eyes at me," she commented as she walked beside me. We made our way into the crowded cafeteria and walked further in finding our usual table. "You know you need to go see her."

"Vee I hate that fucking place," I said as I sat down and set my backpack on the table as well. She did the same, taking the seat right across from me.

"But it's for your own good," she argues with me, "Obviously these meetings haven't been doing much since you lashed out at Camila," she says, and I completely forgot about that time.

The time where she asked about my parents, and I completely walked out on her, being rude in the process. I shook my head, not wanting to see the memory again, "I'm fine Vee." I probably sounded more cold than I wanted to be. I didn't mean to, it just..it just came out that way.

My sister sighed deeply, and took out the salad and sandwich she packed. "I know I can't force you to go, I'm only here to remind you. So do what you want Jase, but please if you say that you're fine, show it," she now tells, not even looking me in the eye. "Because you may be fooling other people, but you're not fooling me."