Chapter 7: Jase

Jase's POV

My eyes slowly started to open from a well deserved nap, although my smile still hasn't faded yet. I guess you could say I had a bomb ass day. I turned on my side to see if Veronica was anywhere in the room, but it was empty. No sign of her.

I don't think I even remember hearing her come home. I am a very heavy sleeper so it's really no surprise there.

It was seemingly dark in my room, yet a bit of daylight still peaked through the window. Even though it's almost 8 or 9, it still looks as if it's 5pm. That's what I love about summer, it's like the days are longer. And although I am considered a night person, I enjoy when the suns still out around 8 to 9pm. It makes me feel like I haven't wasted the day yet. As a yawn escaped my mouth, I tiredly reached over to my lamp table grabbing my phone.

8:48 pm really? Why did I even wake up? I took a 3 hour nap damn though. Besides the time, I checked the text messages. Two. from Camila actually. Just the thought of her name coming to my mind makes my face literally light up.

It's always been that way. I've loved and been a fan of Fifth Harmony long enough, but I guess you could call me a Camila guy.

Text from: Camila🌌

To: Jase

Thank youu so much for today Jase😄😊 It was such an awesome time goin around golden gate park with youuu!!! I ACTUALLY felt like a San Franciscan

Please tell me that is an actual term I will feel utterly embarrassed for life if it's not

I chuckled to myself as I read the text. Damn, what a day today.

Text to: Camila🌌

From: Jase

It was my pleasure😊 let's do it again sometime yeah? You're here for a few more days? Maybe this time you won't be freaked out to go boating in the lake😁😝

And yeah you aren't completely embarrassing. San Franciscan is an actual term, but we hardly use it dork😏

Is it too forward to be asking for a second date? Or well I mean to hang out again? No right? Hope not.

We actually did a bunch together. Besides boat pedaling in Stow lake, which would've been amazing but Miss Camila was a bit afraid of the haunting lake. But other than that, we played in the park full of 4-7 year olds, slid down the stone hill about 2 million times, rode the carousel, bought ice cream and then dropped mine because of Camila, and well, we just had fun.

I placed my hands behind my head laying down on my pillow, just thinking about the whole day.

*Flashback to earlier that day*

"Okay I think we've went down this hill way too many times to count," Camila said laughing through her teeth as we both stood up from the ground again.

"Getting tired of me hugging you huh?" I asked, obviously teasing her. Although, she did that thing where she hides her face from her. She's blushing, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Just a bit," she added, facing me giving me a smirk of her own. Oh is that how it's gonna play out. Alright then.

"Hmm well how about we go for the swings?" I asked her, walking towards the swingsets, which were all occupied.

She followed behind me being careful of the energized children that kept running in between her and I. "How is there always a line for the swings?" I asked spreading my arms out. It's ridiculous.