Chapter 22: Camila

Camila's POV

So it was settled. Today Lauren and I would be catching a flight to San Francisco. I had to go see him, I had to be there for him, and being all the way in Miami wasn't really helping. I used my life saving's that were kept in my old Minnie Mouse jar. Luckily I had enough in here for a plane ticket and whatever else I would need on this trip. All of my birthday money I've received went into that jar.

I remember the time I actually started saving up. I got this jar on my 5th birthday from my mom and dad, and of course birthday money from my family that came over to celebrate. My mom gave me the idea to put my money in that jar, and so I did. About 3 years after on my 8th birthday, I decided to write myself a note for when I opened it up and finally used my money. With blue crayon and semi-acceptable handwriting, my little note to myself was exactly where I knew it would be.

Dear Karla,

Oh gosh, I forgot I went by Karla when I was younger.

Here are your life savings! I hope that when you want to use them, it will be for something very fun and something to make you very happy (:

Have fun! I love you!

Love,
Karla

Well guess what little Karla, I think this little trip will be very fun, and yes I am doing this for a boy, who as a matter of fact, makes me very happy. The only thing I think little Karla would not approve of is that I had to lie to my parents about where I was going.

Lauren and I came up with a plan and honestly, I felt like such a rebellious spy, ninja or something. I'm leaving and lying to my parents about my whereabouts... OH MY GOSH. I'm being Margo Roth! From Paper Towns! I feel so cool oh my god. Anyways, the plan. I feel horrible having Lauren lie to her parents, but she assured me that she was totally fine with it. She wasn't going to have me go by myself and do it.

One of the many reasons why, Lauren Jauregui, is the most wonderful human being in the world. What we told our parents was that we were going to fly down to California to meet up with Dinah and stay at her place in Santa Ana. We wanted to get a head start on rehearsals, and plus we told them that if we did have time, Dinah was going to take us to Disneyland over there.

Of course we called Dinah about this whole plan, and she was all for it. She didn't mind telling our parents a little white lie about us being there, but the main concern was what would happen if our parents called Dinah's parents. Then we'd be screwed.

But Dinah said she would take care of it. She said her parents rarely used their cell phones so she would steal them for them time being. If and when our parents would call them, Dinah would instantly text them that we were there and everything is completely fine. You know, just as long as our parents never call their house phone, because Dinah's parents for sure answer that one.

It was clear that our parents didn't have Dinah's home phone so we were good and ready for that.

On to the next part of the plan, which was landing there in the Bay Area. Veronica had agreed to come and pick us up. She explained that they got off school early the day we landed so it worked out. Everyone from Jerick, Kaylie, and Jake knew that we were coming, but they didn't tell Jase.

Oh yeah, and luckily, Veronica found Jase that day he called me. She immediately called me and informed me about everything. She said that he drove to their old house they had once lived in. They still owned the key to it, so Jase took it and stayed at the house for a while. Jase called Veronica back letting her know where his whereabouts were and said that he was on his way back. He seemed normal, Veronica explained, but she knew that it was just a mask he was putting on so nobody would bug him about anything. She didn't want to push him anymore, so she didn't do much when he came home.