Chapter 27: Camila

Camila's POV

My eyes slowly began to open, and at first I wondered where I was. The empty room did freak me out a bit, but when I moved slightly, I felt the body I was laying against and noticed the arm around me protectively.

I turned my head up to see the gorgeous boy with the dark hair, structured jaw line, and beautiful eyes, of course they were closed though. We must have fallen asleep for a while. My goodness, in all honesty, I felt so much closer to Jase. He..he actually opened up to me. I got him to talk. I got him to get this off of his chest.

After Kyleigh had told us the story about that night and all that she knew, we grabbed and packed a few clothes into our bags and threw them all into Kyleigh's car. The plan was to go to Sacramento to find Jase and just bring him back, but Lauren knew that he would just run away again if we brought him back.

My job was clear, and I was supposed to talk to him. And to my surprise, he did. He trusted me enough, and I felt so honored to see Jase at such a low point in his life. He trusted me to see him like that and he opened up a huge secret to me. I just had no words. But what made me hurt was hearing him say such mean words about himself. I couldn't stand hearing him shout out into the empty house saying how he should've died instead.

It broke my heart to know such a wonderful human being like Jase, thought this way about himself. I tried my best and I just..I just felt a lot closer to him now that we've had this talk. Now I felt like I could do the same to him. I could trust him with my deepest secrets and open up and become vulnerable, and he wouldn't mind, he would be with me every step of the way, listening and encouraging me. I felt like this was such a big step into our friendship..or relationship, or however you'd like to call it.

Just then, I completely forgot that I had to tell Veronica that we were fine and everything was good once we finished talking, but we ended up falling asleep for about 20 minutes. Oh god, I wondered how long they were out there waiting in that scorching heat. It was beyond hot here in Sacramento, a lot different from San Francisco.

I got up carefully leaning forward to grab my phone which was placed on the floor a few inches away, not wanting to wake Jase up yet. Although once I started to move, I felt his arm catch me again and pulled me back, "No don't go," he mumbled, his eyes were still closed.

Oh my goodness, he's so cute. I laughed softly at him as I fell back against him, "I need to get my phone and tell Vee that they could come in." I attempted to lean forward once again trying to get my phone, but Jase wasn't letting me off.

"5 more minutes," he whined, "I like being here alone with you," he mentioned, and I blushed at his comment as I gave in and leaned back into him. I grabbed a hold of his hand that was holding me and played with his fingers while we sat in in complete silence.

It was beautiful, how we could just sit with each other and didn't have to talk. Our presence was enough to keep us happy.

"That tickles my fingers Camila," he muttered. I was wiggling each of his fingers, like how you would do to your toes when you would play 'This little piggy.' I giggled as he said that but it just encouraged me to keep going.

"Camila," he spoke once again and I looked up at him, seeing his eyes were still closed. I took the opportunity to give him a quick peck on the cheek, which definitely woke him up. He gave me a surprised look but his face gave a smile as he looked down to meet my eyes, "What was that for?"

"Nothing," I said innocently and turned my attention back to his fingers, "You're just really cute when you sleep." I can't believe I was so comfortable with calling him cute and kissing him like this. Almost a month ago, I was such an inexperienced little puppy who had no interaction with the male species, now look at how I am. I was being so bold, but I did these things because I enjoyed being the cause of Jase' smile. I loved it when he smiled.