Chapter 24: Camila

Camila's POV

Finally being able to see his face up close and in person again gave me the butterflies in my stomach. And being able to hear that voice again, and seeing that cute little half smile he shows even when he's looking down was just to die for. He's so gorgeous.

As he told me about his classes, I loved hearing the intelligence in his voice. He said words to me that I didn't really know about, considering I never took an Anatomy class, but I could tell he pays attention in that class, even though he doesn't want to admit it. We usually talked about this over facetime, but it was nice to hear it person. It was even better because now we were able to hold hands, and I've missed his touch horribly.

Although there was one thing that bothered me. He lied to me about what he wanted to tell me. I knew it. Because Veronica told me exactly what had happened that day at school, and the reason was his ex right? I am so sure that was what he wanted to talk to me about, but he lied and told me that he failed a test.

Was he afraid to tell me now? Did I come off as something else to make him change his mind? I walked inside seeing Kaylie in the kitchen. I went over to the counter and asked if she needed any help, but being the polite woman she was, she said no thank and that all I needed to do was rest and relax.

I then walked over to the living room where I noticed the tv was on, and disney channel was playing. There was a head I saw, sitting on the couch and I could tell it was Veronica. I made my way to the couch to face her and then I noticed that Lauren was there as well, but she was sound asleep snuggled under a blanket, her head resting on Vee's lap.

Veronica looked up to see me, and pat the spot next her on the couch. I gladly joined her as she gave me some of the blanket she had. "So how was he?" She questioned me, whispering, being courteous of sleepy Lauren.

"He seemed..great," I smiled as I remembered his face when he saw me stand right before him in the backyard. "He seems okay, but..it's all fake isn't it?" My smile now faded and she noticed.

"Aw boo it's not fake for you. I mean, yeah he puts on a fake act for us. He doesn't want us to bug and bombard him with questions, I know my brother that well. But he was of course genuinely happy to see you. I noticed it. Ever since that day, he didn't talk as much. But I saw you guys outside, and heard his voice a lot. You got him to talk, you make him better Mila, I now see it for myself," she explained to me.

The smile grew again on my face as I looked at my fingers in my lap. "I should tell you something though," I brought up, and Veronica gave me her full attention, "Everything okay?" She asks me.

"It's Jase," I informed her, "He apologized for calling me that day and I said it was really no big deal and that I was just worried. But he said all he wanted to tell me was that he failed a test, and that was the sole reason for the way he was acting. He's lying right?"

"He said that to you?" She asked, surprised. I nodded my head confirming.

"Why would he lie to you?" She now questions, asking herself basically. "Honestly Camila, you really are the only person he would talk to. He called you first that day if you didn't know. No one knew where he was or heard from him after he stormed out of the cafeteria and you were the first person he called. That means something." I listened attentively to every word she said. I'm so glad he looks at me as a person he could go to whenever he needed help. That's what I want to be to him. "I'm not sure why he lied to you. He of course doesn't know that I told you exactly what happened at school, but still I don't get why he didn't you tell you the truth. Maybe he's scared? or something? I'm not too sure, he won't tell me anything. But if it's anyone, you're the closest one Mila, help him please? Try to get whatever is bothering him so much out of his system?" She questions me, and I could see the concern in her eyes.