Chapter 23: Jase

Jase' POV

The day I hung up on Camila, I honestly had no one else to turn to. I couldn't talk about what's been bothering me for the past 2 years with my siblings, my best friend, my therapist, no one. I wanted to talk Camila, but chickened out. I was afraid of what she might think of me. But I should've known better, I knew she wasn't going to judge me, which was why I decided to call her first.

Since then, I've been very quiet. I've resorted back to my old ways. I went to school with Vee, I attended my classes, we get home, and I would either go straight to my room or to the backyard to do my homework. I didn't want to speak to anyone. Not right now.

My siblings respected that, like they always did. As long as I wasn't running away without telling anyone, that was okay. Although, I was thinking about going away for the weekend. I wanted to go back to our old house in Sacramento. I liked it there. It was quiet, serene, there was no one there to bother me, and I could happily...well maybe not happily..but think in peace. Isolation may not be the best idea but I couldn't face everyone here. 

I was close to finishing my annotations on Act One of Macbeth. After that I'd have to answer the reading questions, and then move on to Calculus homework, and then read a passage from my Anatomy and Physiology book. Today I had a bunch of homework to do, which sucked because all I wanted to do was just sleep, for the rest of my life to be honest.

I shut Macbeth and placed it on the other end of the table. Our backyard had this gazebo, which of course we designed ourselves. Our family had knack for seeing things the way we wanted to see it. It had an outside dinner table and a nice tent to go over it. Being that it was still nice out, I took advantage of doing my homework out here today.

I debated on whether I should do Calculus or Anatomy first as I exchanged glances between the two books. I went with Calculus, considering I weirdly enough like to do math and all that. I scrolled through my iPod, choosing a Ne-yo song. He has been my all-time favorite artist ever since when I was 10, basically when his first debut album came out.

Jerick listened to him a lot as well, which is how I became of his music. I picked one of my favorites by him, 'Miss Independent.'

The beat played clearly through my beats and it oddly enough reminded of the time I was in the car with Camila when she picked this song. Damn, I miss her so fucking much. It's only been a few weeks, but that's a lot considering we basically hung out every day when she was here. I really needed to explain to her.

I didn't even call or text her back since the last time I talked to her. I took out my phone and unlocked it, making my way to Camila's name in my messages. As I was about to write up a text message to her informing that I'm fine now, a voice was heard. That voice. It was so familiar. No way. I slid off my headphones.

I turned my head towards the direction of the voice, and I literally could not believe my eyes. I had to have been dreaming or something. "Camila?"

There stood the most beautiful girl in my eyes, standing on the flat cement ground. From being on the gazebo, she looked absolutely small from here, even though it wasn't that high up.

"Yup," she spoke in her adorable yet raspy voice that I fucking loved so much.

I looked to her, then back at my phone, then back up at her again. I was so in shock, I don't believe that she's really here. How? Why is she here? It's like she just dropped down from heaven or something.

"Don't think it's really me?" She playfully asked as she walked up the stairs and decided to join me at the table.

I must have had my mouth open for a while because the air that came in started to make my tongue awfully dry. I closed it, feeling a bit embarrassed but tried to play it off. "Not at all," I told her as I snapped out of my daze and gave her small smile, "Part of me thinks you're some hologram thing Jerick built because he felt sorry for me," I confessed to her as I started poking her side jokingly.