Chapter 21: Camila

Camila's POV

It was around 5pm almost 6, here at home and I was just sitting outside, finishing the last few chapters of this well written book. I sat on the edge of the sidewalk, soaking in the beautiful Miami sunshine we had while my little sister biked around on the streets in front of the house.

I watched Sofi go back and forth from the end of our street to the other end on her bike, and I smiled at the sight. The little things like this, watching my sister enjoy her time riding her bike outside, I miss while being on tour. In about a week or so, we go back to Los Angeles to begin rehearsing for the I Wish tour with Cher Lloyd, so I have to make the most of every time I have while I am back home.

Sofi called out my name and I looked up from my book seeing what my sister needed. "Kaki watch me bike without holding on!" She shouted at me as she rode past me.

I giggled softly, "Alright let me see it!" I yelled back at her and watched her ride down the other end of the street and turning back around gaining enough speed to steady her balance on her bike. As soon as she was about to past me, she lifted up her arms and gave me the brightest smile.

I clapped my hands cheering on my younger sister as she kept going down to the other end of the street. "Beautiful Sofi!" I commented, and watched her slowly come back to the front of our house and set her bike down in front of us.

"You've really gotten good at riding your two wheels," I told her as I nudged my sister shoulder.

"Yeah!" She joyfully said, "You should've seen me when I was learning!"

I assumed that she learned while I was away, which saddens me just a bit. Learning how to ride a two wheel bike was a big deal for me, I wish I could've seen my sister do it all by herself. "I wish I could've Sof," I gave her a sad smile, "But I'm glad I got to see you do that amazing trick out there," I said referring to her riding the bike with no hands.

"I can do it again for you!" She excitedly said and jumped onto her feet going for her bike.

Just then, our mother was heard and she called us to come in for dinner. Unfortunately, Sofi could not show me her trick again but she promised that tomorrow I'll get to see it again. I grinned and told her I couldn't wait. I helped my sister bring her bicycle into the garage and held the door open for her to run inside the house. I closed the garage, waiting for it to go down all the way, when suddenly I felt a vibration in my pocket.

I normally didn't get calls at this time of day. Or well, any time of day. Unless it was Jase, but normally he called around 7pm. I took out my phone and saw it was him calling me. I smiled like an idiot to myself when I noticed it was him, but then I realized it was barely 3pm over there in California. Did he get out of school early? I wonder what's up?

I answered the phone as I walked into my house, smelling the sweet and savory aroma of my mothers homemade spaghetti. "Hello?" I answered the phone and walked past the kitchen seeing that my mom, dad and sister were already there, setting the table.

"Camila?"

He didn't sound too, normal. Or he would at least said something different, not question if it was me. It's probably nothing. "Hey Jase what's up? Did you get out of school early?" I asked him curiously as I stood by the entrance to the kitchen, leaning against the wall.

"I uh..I'm.."

Why did he sound like this? Why was he hesitant to tell me something? I immediately grew concerned. "Jase? What's wrong?" I decided to question him, although I had a feeling he wasn't going to answer me. There was a long pause between us and he didn't say anything. I started to walk out of the kitchen and into our living room.