Chapter 15: Camila

Camila's POV

"Uhh," I mumbled, still at a loss for words. Dear god, I really hope my mom didn't say anything to him. Actually, I hope he said nothing to my mom. I barely talked with my mom about him. All I told her was that he gave me my first kiss and that I kinda, sorta, liked him.

I haven't told her yet about the little "dates" he had taken me on. I asked the girls to keep Jase on the down low because I already knew my mom would not approve of me hanging out with him. He's a fan. She thinks it's unfair to other fans. But, I have feelings for him. She just doesn't understand that. I do feel horrible having my girls lie to our mamas about how we've been hanging out with Jase and Veronica.

I probably should've just came clean to my mom when it all started. But I mean, it shouldn't be that bad right? We only started hanging out a few days ago. And she seemed okay. She didn't seem too mad? Oh god. She's asking me to come and talk with her in the other room.

"Mija, can I talk to you please?" She questioned me gently and walked over to the other room. Our rooms were connecting and my mom and Mama J got to stay in this room. I nodded and obeyed my mother, leaving Lauren and Jase talking a bit at the table and Mama J sitting at the couch, also joining in on the conversation with them.

Oh god, I'm afraid. I took a seat on the edge of the bed and faced my mother, who leaned against the tv stand in front of me. "Camila what is this boy doing here?" She asked me.

I opened my mouth to answer, but I actually didn't have an answer for her. "I umm...you brought him up here?" I shrugged, trying to seem innocent in all of this, when I really wasn't at all.

She gave me a stern look, obviously not taking my joking and stalling any longer. I sighed deeply and looked down, ashamed of myself for keeping this from her. "I really, really like this boy mami," I confessed to her.

Her stare softened now. "I know you told me that I can't be doing this because it may seem unfair to others, but I just..I don't know, it's so hard to explain. I like him." I really couldn't explain further, the sole reason why I wanted to hang out with him was because of my feelings for him.

"Honey," she said gently and sat beside me on the bed. "Are you sure you're not just returning the feelings because he gave you your first kiss?" She questioned me the question I actually thought about before.

I nodded my head, very sure of myself now. I did think about that, and at first, I thought that that was my reason why I showed up at his doorstep the first day after the kiss happened. But the more I spent time with him, the more I noticed the small little feelings for him develop. "I'm sorry I haven't told you, I just knew you wouldn't let me go with him already," I mentioned, dropping my gaze from my mothers eyes.

My mom sighed and brought me in for a hug. I didn't argue or question it, I love the affection from a mother, and being that I barely get to see or even talk with her one on one like this because of the busy schedule, I need this once in a while. "I just worry about you Camila. I know this is all new to you," she referred to relationships and boys and all that. "I don't want to see you get hurt is all."

I smiled softly as I leaned into my mom hugging her back as well. "I know mami," knowing she meant well with what she did. "I need to get hurt sometimes though," I assured her, "How will I ever learn how to get back up on my feet?"

She grinned at my response and I couldn't help but smile myself. "You're growing up to be an amazing young woman mija, I'm so proud of you. Very proud." Words a daughter always loves to hear. I could never ask for a better mother.

"Te quiero mucho," I told her and hugged her even tighter. She returned the gesture and kissed the top of my head. Ugh, my mom is the best. I mean, if she were the complete opposite, I'd be done for definitely.