Chapter 8: Camila

Camila's POV

My visioned tried to get used to the morning sun as I woke up the next day. Ugh it felt really early, but guessing from the sun already shining through the window, It can't be that early. I yawned, a bit too loudly, causing Lauren to stir in her sleep next to me.

I froze in my place, hoping to not wake her, but as she kept moving, she finally woke up. Her eyes opening slowly to face me. Oh no. She groaned quietly, "You yawn way too loud," teasing me as she closed her eyes once again.

"I didn't mean to I'm sorry," I apologized quickly, panicking because I didn't want to awaken a cranky Lauren. I turned my body to be in the same position as her, laying on my stomach and having my head rest on my arms on the pillow.

A yawn escaped from Lauren's mouth, "You never really got to tell us how it went yesterday," she said tiredly, her eyes still closed.

Oh good, so she isn't cranky. Thank the lord. "You guys didn't either," I replied back, wondering what the girls did with Veronica yesterday.

"You first," she argued back.

"No you first."

"Camz! I am tired! You go first!" She said sounding serious, and a bit annoyed. Knowing Lauren though, that's probably the cranky side that has yet to come out fully.

"Now there's cranky Lauren," I said enthusiastically as I cheesed at her. Her eyes opened to glare at me, and the smile on my face quickly faded.

"Okay okay," my words quickly came out, "Well um you saw what happened when you guys dropped me off," I mentioned, remembering the most awkward but grateful thing to happen once Jase opened the door yesterday.

Lauren finally opened her eyes. I guess she too remembers what I'm talking about, and that definitely woke her up. "Oh my god wait yes!" She started laughing. "Oh god that was priceless, you literally stood there for what seemed like hours just staring at his body, like what was even going through your mind Camz--"

"Lauren!" I interrupted her as my face started to blush. Darn why do I blush so easily?

"Sorry, sorry," she then turned to lean on her side, her elbow resting on her pillow with her head resting on the top of her hand. Huh, this topic definitely makes her wide awake. "But really though, I have to ask. What was going through your mind? Because if you'd ask me--"

"Oh I have a feeling what was going through your mind," I interrupted her once again. It was no secret that Lauren found Jase attractive, and to be honest, I gues I don't mind. He's not mine. So, I shouldn't get defensive about it. But...it came out like that. I sounded a bit harsh, ugh but I didn't mean to!

"I can sense the tension babe, don't worry, he is all yours," She assured me with a wink. I rolled my eyes at her. See how easy going she is.

"As I was saying," I emphasized, ignoring her comment. "Blah blah you don't need to know the rest of the beginning because you saw it all." With that, I caught a very noitceable smirk on Lauren's face, I couldn't help but push her slightly. "But after you guys left, and after Veronica ran out of the door, it stayed a bit awkward," I admitted, remembering that Jase had been shirtless for what seemed like an infinite amount of time to me, that is until his sister appeared.

"Why awkward?" Lauren questioned curiously.

I hesitated to tell her but I mean, it was quite funny. "He was completely oblivious to the fact that he was still shirtless when we basically had a whole conversation about one of the family pictures on the fireplace." I slightly giggle escaped my mouth as I flashbacked to the memory. I'd be lying if I didn't enjoy the view though. Oh my god my hormones. What am I, I'm only 5 years old.