Chapter 30: Jase

Jase' POV

Damn. Life of a 17 year old. It feels great. Just kidding, of course I feel exactly the same. My birthday was just last week, but still, another birthday has come and gone. Now that I think back to my 16 year old self, he's gone through hell and back in his mind.

For about 2 years now, he's been constantly fighting with himself in his mind, figuring out what is the right thing to do. That all changed once he met this outstanding girl. In specific terms, his celebrity crush. Soon enough, she became the actual girl he fell for.

Camila Cabello, the girl became someone who I could trust with anything. I never thought that after the day I asked if I could give her her first kiss, we would still be talking to this day. Looks like the universe is finally on my side because I feel on top of the world.

I have no more secrets to hide, I finally came clean and told my siblings the whole true story of what happened, and they understood my reasoning for keeping it from them. I felt a whole lot better than the past few years. I feel happier.

Speaking of Camila Cabello though, on our birthday Vee and I both received packages in the mail. They were boxes actually, not too big, but big enough to not fit in in mail slot. We came home after we had just had dinner with everyone plus Kyleigh and noticed the boxes on our front step. They were sent from some hotel in Los Angeles, and we were both confused as to why on earth these were sent to us. But we opened up the package and found that they were filled with a bunch of sweatshirts and signed copies of Fifth Harmony's new EP.

That's when Vee and I both guessed it, the girls sent these to us. It was such a generous and thoughtful gift to be honest. The fact that they thought to even send the both of us something on our birthday was enough. They gave 5 signed copies of their new EP, one for each of us in the family, and 5 sweatshirts as well.

I opened up the first sweatshirt I had in my package and smiled as I saw what it was. It was a regular gray crewneck and on the back it had "Cabello 97" on it. Since there were 5 sweatshirts, everyone in our family got one. Veronica chose Lauren's crewneck that of course said "Jauregui 96" on it, Jakey wanted to wear Dinah's, Kaylie got Normani's, and Jerick wore Ally's.

Also, the fact that they got our siblings gifts was generous as well. Fifth Harmony are angels literally.

As the bell rang, interrupting my thoughts from my birthday, I packed up my supplies in a hurry because my stomach was literally growling. I walked down the hallway after getting out of my 2nd period class ready to meet my sister who would be meeting me in front of my locker.

But just when I thought the universe was on my side, something hit me once I turned the corner. I collided with someone and immediately I apologized and bent down to pick up the books that had fallen. Once I was finished and stood up holding the books out in front of me when I noticed who it was.

"Jess," I breathed as I saw my former girlfriend standing right in front of me, looking as innocent as ever. The last time I saw her face was the night I caught her with another guy. I guess after that, she decided to transfer out of the school because I never saw her throughout sophomore or junior year. She fell off the face of the earth, and as bad as it may sound, I was glad. She was a reminder of that night.

A small, shy smile appeared on her face, "Hey Jase." I don't know how long we stood there just staring at each other, but it felt like hours. I opened my mouth to say something, but I closed it once more. I didn't know exactly how to feel when she was standing right in front of me. My first girlfriend, my first love, but my first heartbreak happened because of her as well.

I wanted to be civil, but how could I? She cheated on me, then left without saying a word to me at all. I attempted to reach out to her a few months after the accident, but she never responded back. I just don't know what to say around her. So I presented her books out in front of her, the ones she dropped, and she gladly took them. After that, I just walked past her, leaving her there wondering. Or if she even wondered.