ᕙ⁠[⁠・Chapter Six・⁠]⁠ᕗ

ᕙ・⁠۝・ᕗᕙ・⁠۝・ᕗᕙ・⁠۝・ᕗ

A pair of fair skinned hands, with light pink painted fingernails, shook anxiously as it gripped onto an object, her fingers slowly sliding over, disclosing the object.

Pregnancy test.

Adelaide Laskaris gasped out in horror as a tear dropped from her eyes.

Positive.

Out in the living room, a light blonde haired sixteen year old with blue worrisome eyes was seen sitting on the couch, him hunching over, his hands rubbing his face, then proceeding to prop his chin in worry.

Jackson Whittemore.

Jackson then turned to look at Adelaide, who was sitting on a single seater couch, her legs folded together.

"You're not really thinking about having this kid, are you?" Jackson asks his girlfriend quietly.

Adelaide gasped out in disbelief, her voice wavering. "I'm not killing it!"

"Ida, i can't..." Jackson whispered out in confliction, shaking his head.

"I love you, Jac." Adelaide whispers out tearfully.

"I love you too, Ida, but, i'm dealing with a lot right now, i just can't." Jackson says conflicted.

Adelaide just felt nothing in that sentence, he was seriously asking her to kill an innocent!

She let Jackson hold her hand, take her with him, onto the couch he was sitting on, let him wrap his arms around her.

"You'll become the best mother one day, Ida, but, now–– now's not the right time, not for both of us." Jackson whispered in her ear.

Adelaide felt him kiss her head softly, her green eyes just staring into oblivion.

          ᕙ・⁠۝・ᕗᕙ・⁠۝・ᕗᕙ・⁠۝・ᕗ

At the high school, Lydia's red brows frowned in confusion, look of boredom in her green eyes. "The what of who?"

'The Beast of Gevaudan'

"What is Gevaudan and why is a Beast there?" Adelaide questionably asks.

Allison stares at Adelaide weirdly. "Ida, are you high?"

"You should try it sometime." Adelaide beams.

Allison just shook her head, Adelaide shrugging at her.

"Listen to this..."

"A quadruple, wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767."

"La Bête killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louie XV sent one of his best Hunters to try and kill it."

Lydia tiredly ate a piece of something from her tray. "Boring."

Allison just ignored her comment.

"Even the church eventually declared the creature was a messenger of Satan."

Lydia sighs out. "Still boring."

"Cryptologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."

Lydia dramatically sighed out, rolling her eyes. "Slipping-into-a-coma bored."

"While others believes it was powerful sorcerer who could shapeshift into a man-eating monster."