Forgetting

Things should be good now. There was no more reason for us to be vigilanties for oppressed second gender. But I was wrong. After the fall of Grandfather, Wakatoshi saw that he had a lot of “friends’’ with the same “interests” and it did not sit well with him. 

I felt my heart skip a beat as I watched my Alpha rise up to being a hero to many. I saw how everyone admired and adored him. I wanted to stay by his side, be his support. I wanted to save everyone else like he wanted but when will it be our time? 

The 4 of us have given our time and effort to saving these kids and I know that, that itself should be rewarding enough but after doing nothing else for 2 more years, I realize that I was losing myself little by little, forgetting myself piece by piece. 

There was nothing but fighting.

“Thank ya…” I looked down and saw a beautiful little blonde girl. She was holding a little fox plushie up, hiding her face. I took the doll and just stared at it for a while. 

Atsumu: “This looks… familiar…” I’ve seen this toy before. “Where did you get…” I looked at the little girl and finally saw her stormy gray eyes. “...this?” Her eyes… I was captivated. 

Annabeth: “I found it… now, it’s Annabeth’s favorite toy.” I tried handing the toy back to her but she just shook her little head. “I want ta give it ta ya!” She beamed and I was pulled into a trance. "Thank ya, big brother! fer helpin' us!" She beamed.

We’re goin’ ta be alright, I pwamis! A little voice echoed in my head but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Brother?

Atsumu: “Thank ya.” I let out like I was in a trance.

“C’mon wise girl!” A little boy called, he had jet black hair, dark sea green eyes, and a beaming bright smile. 

Annabeth: “Comin’ seaweed brain!” She yelled as she started running towards the little boy only to stop halfway and turned back ta me. “Bye-bye, big brother!” She waved happily at me and continued to run back to the boy. 

I sat on my bed in my room just staring at the gifts I’ve received from the children we’ve saved and most of those kids had grown to be quite admirable themselves and I couldn’t be more proud of them for thriving but here in my hand; a small, dirty, and very old fox plushie. Just like the toy’s gray color and the little girl’s stormy gray eyes, I couldn’t help but feel something… something from long ago, something important. 

Atsumu: “That’s when I realized…” I pulled apart a little from Samu, looking at his messed up face from crying too much but I guess it’s just like looking in a mirror right now cause I know for sure I didn’t look pretty right now but I didn’t care. I giggled while my eyes were still in tears. I giggled while my nose was full of snot . I giggled at how much we were so alike. “Fo- - Fergettin’ Chamu was like fergettin’ how ta live.” I felt my throat tighten but I needed to let Samu know; I wanted to let him know how much he meant to me. 

     I kept holding onto that old toy like my life depended on it. It felt like if I let it go now, I'll really lose something important for good, I'll lose it and I'll forget for good. I felt so lost and I didn't know where I was supposed to go anymore.

"Tsumu?" I looked up and saw my Alpha, looking very concerned. "Are you alright?"He put a hand on my cheek but I didn't feel that familiar warmth anymore that always put me at ease. Wakatoshi truly grew up to be a fine young man, standing tall like any other Alpha; casting such a huge shadow.