009.

"Itoshi Sae. You were a genius midfielder in the academy if one of the world's top clubs, Royal." The chief editor spoke with a smile, eager as he sat in front of a prodigy football player, who is known as the best player in Japan, Itoshi Sae.

"But regulations stopped you from playing in the first team, so you returned to Japan." He continues as he look at the reddish-brown male who crossed his legs, elbow on the armrest as he leaned onto his palm with his usual bored expression.

"Does this mean we'll get to see you play in the domestic league?" He ended with a question.

"Over my dead body." The male spoke, making the previously welcoming smile on the editor turns into a startled one.

"If I have to play in a country like this, I'd rather play with college kids in Germany." Sae replied nonchalantly.

Having expecting a nicer answer or rejection, the editor raised his eyebrow and fumbled with his words.

"So, uh... Do you have dreams of representing your country at the international level in the future?" The editor questions, hoping to hear a better answer out of the famous player.

"None whatsoever. The national team of a country like this one will never be the greatest in the world. My dream is to win the Champions League." The reddish-brown haired male answers with and began walking away.

"There isn't a forward in this country who is good enough for my passes, nor is there a rival I would be willing to go against." He took a glance at the editor.

"I was born in the wrong country." He walk out the room as his assistant follows him right after.

Before the assistant left the room, he mutters a quick apology to the chief editor before chasing after Sae.

"Give me a break. This won't do, Sae! The media is going to hate you!" The assistant exclaims with worry written on his face.

"So?" Sae spoke out.

"This country doesn't matter to me. I only came back cause my passport expired." He replied without a care.

"I know that, but..."

Then the two males stumbled upon aconference room where loads of reporters were gathered.

Sae raised a brow before looking at the sign that was atop the screen up front.

JFU Japan Football Union Press Conference

"oh yeah, I heard the JFU was holding a press conference today." Sae's assistant muttered, looking at the
crowd of people that were seated.

"So that's how we plan to train up a striker who can lead Japan to a World Cup win. Through this Blue Lock project." The head of the JFU started with confidence as he sat up front along with Anri sitting beside him.

Some reporters took camera shots and light flashed in all corners of the room.

"Even if you do produce a top striker, how can you guarantee Japan will win the World Cup?"

"Are you saying it's okay to ruin the lives of 299 people just for one person's sake? Didn't their parents object?"

Some of the reporters asked. The head of the JFU began to stumble with his words as he sweat dropped, his previously confident attitude now dissappeared, not wanting his image to be ruined.

"Well, uh, that's... We respect the opinions of the players themselves. And their parents have signed the consent forms-"

"Ruin the lives of...?" Anri interrupted, standing from her seat.