043.

||Third Selection : Joint Room||

"The match will take place in three weeks. Led by Itoshi Sae, Japan's U-20 National Team vs Blue Lock's Eleven." The panel screen showed the stats of Itoshi Sae.

Aryu, who approached you, nudge you on the shoulder, gaining your attention.

He lean down and whispers in your ear. "Rin's denial stage is here..." He glance at Rin from the corner of his eyes.

You almost choked on your saliva. You then avert your gaze to look at Rin who looks ✨ASTONISHED✨ hearing his brother being mentioned.

"Ha-!" You muffled your laugh.

"You'd die the moment that shit is heard by him, I swear-!" You snicker, which earned a nonchalant shrug from Aryu.

"Victory will grant you a position on the U-20 National Team. And defeat will mean the utter dissolution of Blue Lock." Ego continues his talk.

"Let's go, you unpolished gems. The ones to change the face of Japanese Football will be Blue Lock." Ego ended with, before questions started to form in the player's head.

"Hey...! Hold on just a sec. I get that this is a chance for us and all. But you said 'Blue Lock's Eleven'. How are you determining the members?!" Raichi spoke up first.

"...Don't tell me. You're gonna have some of us play as midfielders and defenders?" Gagamaru scratch his cheek.

"Yeah, of course. And a goalkeeper too. We can't use Blue Lock Man after all. Other than the forwards, we'll have to rush to patch together a team." Ego explains.

"That's... just too much!! Ouf opponents will have actual defenders and such, right?" Tokimitsu panicked, sweat forming on his face.

"This predicament... I do not hate such development." Aryu said.

"Shut up. Watch your tongues. I'm not a goddamn moron..." Ego interrupted, making everyone quiet.

"The formation of the Blue Lock Team will Center around the following six whose names I will now call out."

"Given your overall evolutions as of this moment, these individuals rank as the 'Top 6'. With the goal of putting together a team in just three short weeks. This method will be our best shot."

"Those who are called, step forward..."

"First, as the overall No. 1... Itoshi Rin."

"Moving on, No. 2... Shidou Ryusei."

"There it is. Bada bing♪" Shidou grinned.

"So that dude's number 1, huh?" Shidou glanced at Rin who also glances back nonchalantly.

"Alright, next... No. 3, L/N Y/N."

"...Oh!" You stopped playing with your taser, looking quite surprised.

"As expected of you, L/N. Stylish!!" Aryu made a dramatic pose.

"Oho~?" Shidou grins and placed his arm on your head, making you feel short. "Not bad, L/N~ Not bad..."

"No. 4, Karasu Tabito." Ego continued.

"Someone gets it." Karasu smirked cockily.

"No. 5, Otoya Eita."

"Sup."

"Lastly, No. 6 is... Yukimiya Kenyu."

"Yes, sir. It's an honour." Yukimiya smiled."

"That's all."

"Excuse me, Ego-san. Thinking about what lies ahead, I've got something of a simple question for you." Yukimiya raised his hand.

"What is your reason for putting me in the 6th place? That is, what's the difference between me and first place?"

"It's simple. Among the 35 of you here, the only one's able to score a goal against the world's select team were these three..."

"Itoshi Rin, Shidou Ryusei, and L/N Y/N."

"Next, I took into consideration how many goals you scored in the first selection, and the world's select players personal evaluations."

"Lastly, I used my own judgement. Does that answer your question? Mister four eyes model."

"Yes! Thank you very much." Yukimiya gave a close eyed smile.

"Now then, I'll explain your next selection."

"First, the top 6 will separate into pairs in descending order, and will be assigned A, B, C ranks to make three teams."

"Next, the remaining 29 players will decide at their own discretion which team they want to join."

"They will be added to their chosen team in randomised groups of three to make a complete team of five."

"Then, each of these teams will have the chance to play in one game against another 5 vs 5 style."

"Well, as a formality. Members of the top 6 will be playing in multiple games."

"But the remaining 29 will have just the one chance to play."

"This is the final task of the revised third selection..."

"With a position as a regular on Japan's National U-20 team on the line... It's time for your tryouts."

"Also, once the 29 who aren't in the top 6 divide into groups of three, 3 times 9 teams, makes 27 people. One team will be one member short, making them a team of two."

"So, as an exception, just one more person will have the chance to play in two matches."

"That honor will go to the runner up to the top 6, No. 7..."

"Nagi Seishiro. You will assume that role."

"Huh..." Nagi doesn't look surprised in the least, or it's more like he just doesn't care.

"First, the top 6. You will all proceed to a different room." Ego said and another door slides opened.

"Oof-" You almost tripped when Shidou casually rest his arm on your shoulder and began to drag you to the door.

He's being a bit too comfortable around you...

||Dining Hall||

Group A — Itoshi Rin and Shidou Ryusei

Group B — L/N Y/N and Karasu Tabito

Group C — Otoya Eita and Yukimiya Kenyu

"Right! We only have until tomorrow to make our pick. Did any of you guys choose a team yet?" Raichi asks.

"I'm thinking B or C. Just going with my gut." Gagamaru said.

"Apparently, we can watch all of the previous matches in the monitor room, so I'm planning on going to watch and see if there's someone who'd be compatible with me. What about you, Bachira?" Raichi look over to Bachira.

"I'm thinking A or B, it's a hard choice!" Bachira made a thinking gesture with a chibi face.

"What about ya, Chigiri?" Bachira look over to Chigiri.

"I'm choosing... Team B. L/N is the only one I can guarantee will use me." Chigiri admitted. "And you, Isagi?"

Isagi put down his cup of tea. "Hm... I'll..."

"It's either A or B like me, right? Rin-chan's team or L/N's." Bachira guessed.

"Huh...? Yeah. Was it obvious?" Isagi sweat dropped.

"Yep!" Bachira grinned.

||A/N: Which character do you think acts the most cannon in this story?||

"The deadline for voting has passed."

"The last stage of third selection will begin soon."

"Please wear your uniforms and promptly gather up."