(2) Reflection

C O R E Y

"Nia be tripping", Mack sighs as he falls back on the sofa. "Like do you see this shit", he shoves the phone in my face. A video on a story showing Nia and Imani twerking in a club. I rewatched the video focusing on Imani. From the looks on it, she has on a mid-thigh dress that fits her body well. Every time she moved, it went up some more. Before a cheek pops out, the video ends. I shake my head passing it back to him, "Ain't y'all into it?". I asked him, remembering him mentioning how they damn near broke up yesterday.

Instead of answering my question, he darts toward the table to get his keys. "We going", I decided not to say anything because nothing will stop him. "So we gone pull up and what happens?", I ask, seeing that we weren't far from the club. This nigga has a tendency of doing things off impulse and looks stupid in the end.

"Man I don't know. Can you call Imani from my phone", he goes to his contacts and goes to her name. Handing me the phone, I watch it ring awkwardly. As soon as it connects, I hear music booming in the background. "HELLO", she yells out and I cringe, holding it away from my ear.

"The fuck you yelling for?"

"HELLO", she says once again.

I'm not yelling.

I sigh, "Come outside". I got to text her from his phone because I'm sure she didn't hear it. Once Mack pulls into the parking lot, there's a bunch of cars. Its packed, there's no place to park. "Stay right here", I instruct him, seeing the girls stumbling out the club. Mack parks the car and hops out the car without a word. He runs up to Nia who can barely stand straight as Imani does nothing but laugh. "I knew you were coming", Nia laughs and falls into Mack's arms. He picks her up without a doubt and I shake my head.

She literally does this on purpose because he'll fall for the bait every time.

Coming from behind them, Imani walks up to my window. I bite my lip, getting a close-up view of her. Her hair bone straight, falling past her shoulder and I noticed a streak of red in it. She struggles to keep her dress down as she walks. Knocking on my window, I roll it down and give her a confused expression. "How can I help you?", she rolls her eyes, leaning down. "Bend any farther yo' ass gone be out", I tell her and she flips me off.

"You gotta drive me home", she says more in a demanding tone. I raise an eyebrow, "ah! I do?"

"Yea cause I'm sure he gonna take her home with him. I'm not leaving my car here either", she crosses her arms over her chest, pushing her breasts higher. I'd be lying if I said my eyes didn't take a peek.

     "How Imma get home", I ask and she looks at me blankly. "Mack can come pick you up or I can drop you off in the morning", she shrugs and reaches to open the passenger side. Tugging on my hand, that's when I knew she had to have something in her system. That or she didn't care.

Then again, she seems like the type to speak her mind. "I guess", I get out the car once I see Nia being carried over here. I didn't want to deal with that all night. "I'm finna take her home, I'll just have her drop me off tomorrow", I inform Mack and looks between us with a smirk. "Before you start, it ain't even like that".

He lifts his hands up in surrender, "I ain't say shit-"

"C'mon its cold out here", Nia interrupts rubbing her arms.