(2) Sweets

M E E C H

Two weeks later
Saturday
12:50 am

I throw another stack of money, watching it fall on the stripper's body in front of me. I lean back on the sofa as the random girl bends over some more. Her pussy peeking out her thong. "Ouuuuu", the guys get lit, slapping the sofa in shock. "I know you see that shit", my homeboy, Micheal looks over at me with a confused expression.

"Yeah she in front of me nigga", I tell him nonchalantly, throwing some more ones. I put the rest of the stack in my pocket, over this whole night. We just got here but I don't think I can make it another two hours. I'm not feeling the vibe. "What's his problem?", another one of my homeboys look over at me with concern. Micheal shrugs not having an answer either.

"I'm about to head out", I wasn't feeling it. "I gotta handle something"

Micheal raises an eyebrow at me but I wave him off. I'm not in the mood to explain myself, my mind set on one person.

This was supposed to be a part two of celebrating my release but it wasn't in my plans from the jump. I had no plans of doing anything but they pushed me anything. I didn't ride with them, I drove my own car because I didn't want to be around for long.

We've been here for almost two hours. I have a slight buzz and the only thing on my mind is letting off some steam.

You up?

Daija is usually a night owl so I'm sure she wasn't sleep. I just need her to respond before I end up in her driveway.

Mamas: Why?

Instead of texting back, I click on her contact. The phone rings three times and she answers. "Hello", her soft voice soothes me through the phone. "Meech", she says to gain my attention and I cringe at the use of my street name. "That ain't my name", I tell her and huffs in the phone.

   "Boy, what do you want? Weren't you just at the club"

   I furrow my eyebrows, looking at the phone in confusion. "How do you know?"

   "Micheal posted y'all on his story", she laughs at me being clueless. "You just left?"

    I grimace, "Mane imma have to talk to him about that. Ion like niggas knowing my location, anybody could've pulled ip". My mood blown once again, confirming why I needed to leave in the first place. "That ain't the point though, pack you a bag or something. I'm pulling up"

    "Why?", she asks and I tap the steering wheel. "Why can't you just say yes daddy", I try to mock the tone of her usual voice and she laughs a loud.

    Daija giggles, "When will it click that you aren't my nigga"

     "Never because I will be eventually"

  She smacks her lips, "Whatever, imma pack a bag and just text me when you here"

   "Okay, i'm ten minutes away"

___________________________________________

        Daija throws her bag in the backseat and sits in the passenger. I stare at her. Noticing that her braids are wrapped up a satin scarf. She wore a big white t-shirt and black shorts that barely covered her thighs. I  bite my lip at the little exposed skin, reaching over to touch her thigh as I back out the driveway.