(1) Office Affair

Saniya

Friday Evening
6:05 pm

I lean back in the office chair, lifting the glasses off my nose to wipe my eyes. I readjust them, looking at the computer screen once again. I've been in this same spot for hours. To make matters worse it's on a Friday. I can't leave early like I usually do because I'm constantly watching over someone else. The amount of documents that I had to correct today is ridiculous. It's like people just turned shit in just to say they "finished" the task. The perfectionist in me just couldn't let it continue, it'll be a bad look for the company.

Hearing a knock at the door, "come in". A second later, my boss steps inside, Ryan Gears. He stands at about six foot, towering over my desk. He has a fresh cut of waves and a beard that's shaped nicely. The golden brown shaped suit compliments his caramel shade skin tone.

Ryan smiles at me, fiddling with one of the folders on my desk. "Mrs.Adams, why are you still here?"

"Just wanted to finish up some files", I tell him, blushing out of slight embarrassment. The way he was staring at me is so intense.

He looks through the folder of the files, "Don't worry about it. I'm already aware of the bullshit those idiots turned in. I will be having a meeting Monday morning so everyone can fix their own mistakes. This shouldn't fall on you".

I nod in agreement, "It's fine. I just couldn't let these analytics not match up completely with the currents sales. That would look bad at our conference at the end of the month"

I type up the last of the information before adding to the mass email full of other files I've tweaked today. "Do you want these printed too?"

He reaches out to touch the back of my hand in hopes of stopping me from moving. I look at his hand and back up at me. He leans down over the desk, "Go home, hon"

I give him an awkward grin, hoping he didn't notice how flustered I just got. "Okay", I lean back in the chair as he takes a seat in front of my desk. "Don't you have somewhere to be as well", I ask. It looked like he didn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

   Ryan shrugs. "Technically I do but who wants to be stuck in the house on a Friday? I rather be busy than bored"

   I ponder for a moment. It does get draining doing the same routine over again. I think it's easy as an adult to get caught in the same cycle. We forget that there's more to life than a family and bills. We survive instead of living. "This might be a stretch but would you go to a bar with me? The one down the street actually has some good drinks"

His face lights up, "I always hear good reviews but I never go"

   "How about give me five minutes and I can meet you in the lobby?", I suggest and he obliges to go gather his own stuff.

___________________________________________

Ryan

"You wanna drive separate cars or?", I ask and she thinks for a second.

   She shakes her head, "Probably separate cars. That way I can just go home"

     I nod in agreement, looking forward to this outing. Saniya is an attractive woman but also a free spirit. Her hardworking yet laid back personality is enough to pull anyone in along with that pretty face. She's definitely one of my favorites to look at.