(6) P.O.V

A M E I L A

Three weeks later...

Monday 5:35 p.m

      I sit at my laptop, humming to the music playing in the background. Across from me is my little sister, Amira. She sits with her airpods in and finishes up some work that she neglected over the weekend. She hasn't been over much lately due to preparation for volleyball season.

    Ever since I got my apartment, my place has been the scapegoat every time our parents piss her off. I don't mind, I wish I had a place to just getaway as a child so i'm happy to be that for her.

Jere🤭: you free to do something later?

   I light up at the message and then scold myself mentally. I shouldn't be excited about this. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst because this won't last long. From past experiences guys will be on my body and then suddenly the spark fades over night. One minute things are good and then the next I'm wondering if keeping the number is even worth it.

     Jeremiah and I have had great times so far. We have been hanging out a lot so I've been trying to create some distance. We've texted and Facetime but we haven't physically seen each other in a minute.

    It might seem like i'm dodging him but I don't want him to get tired of me. I don't want to seem attached. I don't want to come off clingy for wanting to spend a bunch of time with him.

    Oh the blessing of being an over-thinker...

I can't tn I have to watch my sister😭

    Its technically isn't a lie, she's in my care but the child is seventeen for crying out loud. Its a believable excuse.

    Jere🤭: You ate? I can drop something off for y'all

  I pout at the amount of sweetness. Some might call this the bare minimum but I couldn't help that it made me smile. Its the little things that give me hope.

Its fine Jeremiah, i'll make something for us.🙃I don't need you spending money on me

Jere🤭: ma, its no problem. You sure?

  I'm sure love, thank you❤️

   "Is that mystery man?", I snap out of smiling at my phone and quickly go to a straight face.

    I playfully roll my eyes, "You always in my business".

  Amira closes her laptop and take out her Airpods. She sits them to the side and give me her full attention. "Your business is my business. How many times I gotta remind you?"

    Despite our five year gap we have an amazing bond. That's my first and only best friend, no one ever compared. For years I've played the mother/bestie roll depending on what the moment needs the most. She makes more wise decisions than me most of the time. "Yes I know. I've told you most of it already, its nothing more to tell", I felt like a bitch telling her about my over thinking issues. I rather keep that to myself, it's embarrassing.