(1) The List

Amaya Anderson

Monday
5:30 pm

I drop my bookbag near my room door, my best friend, Ariana following suit. She makes herself comfortable on top of my bed, ridding herself of that hot ass hoodie she keeps on all day.

I take off my jean jacket and reach over to grab my notebook off the dresser. I wanted to make me a to do list for the rest of the week. It helps me stay organize.

"I can't wait until we become those rich besties", Ariana turns her phone showing some random people holding hands and jumping into the ocean. I'm sure she'll end up adding that to her Pinterest board. "Our first trip will be Turks and Caicos", I confirm by lifting my fist in the air. Listening to the song just made me feel like the experience would be top tier.

"Oh for sure. I gotta get on my zoom this year"

I laugh, "Everybody say that when the new year start"

The way people lie to themselves before the new year kills me. Everyone has the same resolutions. They want to hop in the gym, save money, and become a better person over night. It works for some people and then you have some who never make any moves at all. One of the ways I would hold myself accountable is by writing it down. That way I would have no choice but to look at it. It's kinda embarrassing to see everything you wanted on paper and come back to it and there's no progress. It's one of the biggest disappointments to me. "I'm for real, I want some change this year. We're on our third year of college. We should turn some shit up", she puts her phone down and looks at me.

I shrug, "I mean we went to a few parties last year. That was progress for me"

Little by little, I tried to become more social. I would go to events, go to parties, or even hangout with people who would extend the offer. I say yes to more things and it brought some major opportunities. "No let's turn some shit up", she takes my notebook and tears out a blank page. "We have to write at least five things we want to do before the end of the year. We have to make it happen"

I smile at her as the wheels turn in my head. "Is there a punishment if we don't do everything?"

Ariana thinks about it for a second. "Would you wanna bet money or something?"

"How about if someone doesn't do their part they owe the other three hundred dollars?"

She smirks, "Okay big money"

Now I really have to do everything on this list, I hated giving up money.

I stare at the blank sheet of paper. I wondered should I play it safe or actually take some risks. I wanted the goals to be realistic so I wouldn't have to do anything too drastic. I want to be more productive but I also want to live. I spend too much time just surviving.

Bucket List of the year:

- Go skinny dipping

- kiss a girl

- apply for some internships

- lose my virginity

I know shameful, betting on my pussy.

- lose my virginity (not official)

"Uh uh, you can't do that", I turn to see Ariana peeking over my shoulder. She puts another dash, "You need to add another one then, there's no maybe"

"So what if I actually decide to do it"

"Make it a bonus one, I'll give you some extra money", she says and I think about it for a second. "Isn't that prostitution in a way", I tap my chin.

She raises an eyebrow at me, completely clueless. "Is it?"

I think of another thing to add to my paper.

- hangout with a group of random people

The last one sounds kind of dangerous but yolo.

I pass her my list and she hands hers to me. "A threesome Ari?", I shake my head.

"What? Are you shaming my fantasies? I think it would be fun"

I continue reading down her list. Most of these were random sex escapades. "You want to be tied up and be whipped?", I read aloud as she looks at me innocently.

"Who do you know that does that?"

Ariana gives me a straight face. "Bitch let me remind you. We go to a PWI, I know someone does"

"Whattt? Oh chile, we'll never be free", I joke and she smacks my shoulder.

"Whenever you do the skinny dipping one, make sure I'm there", she pouts and lay her head on my shoulder. "I know you would look so sexy"

I laugh while folding her paper, "Why you say that"

"Bitch have you seen your body shape? You have a nice ass figure. I have to see it dripping water", she gushes like I wasn't sitting right there. I couldn't help the blush rushing to my cheek. It's a good thing she isn't looking at me.

"I'm honored but that means you'll be jumping too"

She looks up at me, cheesing. "You know I'll happily free my titties". Ariana lifts up her shirt, revealing that she didn't have on a bra. I stare at her in shock as she laughs at my facial expression.

It made no sense how much she would catch me off guard. We were polar opposites but closer than ever. I think we balanced each other in a way. "They're so perky", I flicked one of her nipples and she pulls her shirt back down. "I really thought you had on a bra"

"Nah my shit naturally sits up", she lays back down on the pillow. "You know if you ever wanted to kiss a girl, you could've just asked me right?"

"No offense but we're friends"

"Girls hunch on their friends all the time, a kiss won't hurt"

I shake my head, "I'm aware but I just feel like we're so close that I couldn't do it. You would just make me laugh the whole time.", I lay back on a pillow becoming close to her. "I want to just walk up to somebody and kiss them"

She giggles, "I can't wait to see this shit"

"Half of your shit I won't see hopefully but I can't wait to hear about it", I stare at the ceiling. My stomach churned thinking about whether I would regret this decision or not. How would I even pull this off?

__________

A/N: Happy New Year❤️

  I'm probably gonna be on this storyline for a while. I have a bunch of ideas.

I wonder if this could be a book of its own.