(1) P. O. V

A M E I L A

Your so pretty

Your so pretty

😍😍😍

Let me take you out

I roll my eyes, turning my phone back over. I finished my last set of squats and drink the last of my water. Picking up my gym bag, I exit the gym with a need for some food.

I unlock the door to my black Nissan Sentra that I purchased for myself awhile back. Once I get settled inside, I get a notification from one of the guys taking interest in me. At least that's what he claims, we've gotten to a point where we barely talk anymore. Every time we text it feels like a routine, like he feels obligated. I can predict what his reply will be before he even texts back.

Turning his phone over, I roll my eyes at the famous question.

Micheal: wyd

I drive to my apartment in silence, the drive isn't that far. Once I get there, I shower and unwind before fixing something to eat. I settled on a cesar salad from Publix, I wasn't in the mood for anything to heavy.

Sitting on my sofa, I look at the message. I contemplate whether I should respond or not.

Eating

I didn't care to ask what he was doing, it was probably nothing important anyway. Nine times out of ten, he won't respond back until tomorrow. Then we'll play the waiting game until I respond. Dating in this generation is sickening. A boy will love bomb you the first few weeks, it might even make it to the month. Then out of now where the program changes in a blink of an eye.

Michel: I miss you❤️

I throw my head back on the sofa, eating another forkful of my salad. Soon after, my phone rings and its a call from my cousin. A smile spreads on my face as I answer. Her face comes on my screen, holding a bottle of wine in the camera. I quickly run to the kitchen to grab a bottle of Stella Rose Blue Berry wine and a wine glass. "Bitch we pouring up", I ask while I sit the phone on the counter.

She gives me a knowing look, "Wine Wednesday baby", she pours up a glass for herself as I do the same. Kaila looks at me for a moment and then tilt her head. "Babes are you okay", she grabs the keys off her sofa as if she was getting ready to come over.

"Yes I guess. I've just accepted that I'll be single forever", I tell her with a pout. She sits back down and raises an eyebrow, "Is this about Micheal?".

   "Somewhat but then he's not the only one. You remember what happened with Ryan, George, Malcolm, Mari, an-"

    Kaila burst out in laughter, "Damn girl we get it. You can't keep a man"