(3) One Night

J a s m i n e

Saturday
7:26 pm

I lay back in the lawn chair by the pool. I close my eyes, listening to the music playing in the background. There's a slight breeze that adds to the beauty of the sunset. After my actions of last night, I needed something to take my mind off it. I don't regret it but i'm confused.

I couldn't contain the amount of flashbacks. The way his hands felt on my body. The way he looks at me. Our sexual chemistry is still the same, that desire never faltered. Afterwards, there was a moment where we just stared at each other. We took the time to bask in each other's presence. Tangled up in each other that it was so hard to pull away this morning. The moment we pulled away reality set in and he had to get ready for a game.

"Sooo we're not gonna address the elephant in the room", Marlyn looks at me out the corner of her eye.

"My love life has nothing to do with you", I tell her. She knows I don't like discussing intimate details. Some things are meant to stay between you and the person you experience that moment with. Especially in moments where you're still trying to process what happened and that's currently my position. "We had a night, simple as that".

Marlyn smirks, "sooo y'all did the do"

I cut my eyes at her and she giggles. "Period! My girl got her back blown out", she claps her hands together, completely disregarding what I said. "Is it giving getting back together or?"

"No"

     Do I have regrets about sleeping with him? No

   Does it raise confusion? Yes

   I never realized how much I missed being in presence but it can't be that simple. Our relationship is far from simple.

I take out my phone, going on Instagram. I tapped through everyone's story without a second thought until Malik pops up. It's a bunch of clips from last night. I smile at the video that he recorded of himself, one thing I can't deny is that the man is fine. "I don't mean to snap on you hun, but you know how I am", I look up from my phone. Marlyn stares at me with a pout, holding her hand out for me to grab. "I'm not mad at you, I know I can be pushy sometimes. I just want to know how you're feeling", she leans in to give me a kiss on the cheek.

     "I hooked up with Mark last night", she spills and I let go of her hand. Only Lord knows what she was doing with those hands last night. The way Mark talks, I could only imagine what happened between them. Technically, she could say the same about me since I was bussing it open for Malik. "Do you like Mark?", I ask. I tried to stir the conversation away from her sex life, I'm not really interested in that part of my friends. We share superficial stuff like positions and turn-ons but I try to refrain from going into detail. Details that would make me cringe.

A smile forms on her face, "I find him attractive but I don't know. I don't know if I could ever take him seriously. I don't know if he would ever take me seriously". She goes onto a tangent. I could feel her becoming worked up.

"Calm down. Figure out if you like him or not. Have that conversation and if you feel like he's on games then leave him alone."

She nods, "you're rig-oh girl check your phone"

I look down, seeing a bunch of messages in the group chat with our friend group. Several images being sent. All of them being different headlines about Malik and I. Miniature clips of us dancing at the club, whispering in each other's ears, and gazing into each other's eyes. Not to mention me bent over on him like there's no tomorrow.