Memories (6)

I M A N I

The last Day
12:00 pm

       "I'm gonna miss this", I pout at the view of the beach from my hotel window. Kennedy stands next to me, her head on my shoulder. "Same, I've been dreading it but let's just enjoy it", she pats me on the back before going to finish packing her bag. She leaves me in front of the window, allowing my thoughts to wonder. My mind couldn't help but to ponder on the status of Kofi and I. Apart of me thinks it's best to leave whatever reconciliation this is here. Then there's another part of me that's hoping we take this connection back home.

     It comes with too much. We still live in two different states. I still have loose ends with Joseph and I'm sure Kofi has some of his own.

      I distract myself, moving from the window to my side of the room. I packed earlier this morning so i just had my outfits for today laid out. I decided on wearing my baby blue swimsuit with the mesh cover-up that stops mid-thigh.

    I turn in the mirror, bending over slightly with my tongue out. I'll be lying if I said I haven't been in the best mood. I found myself talking to everyone, on cloud nine since that night I got my guts rearranged.

      I style my braids in a half-up and half-down. I decided against doing my edges, liking the way they looked naturally.

       My phone lights up, an incoming call from Joseph on the screen. I go over to my purse and pull out my AirPods so I wouldn't disturb Kennedy. She has some music playing.

    "Hello", I answer and see him lying in the bed. His arm behind his head with a black durag that frames his face nicely. "What's up? You good?", he asks with a raised eyebrow.

   "Yeah, great actually", I reply and a smile comes on his face.

    "You must be having a great time, ain't heard much of nothing from you", Joseph tone changes indicating that he wasn't a fan of the lack of communication.

   I roll my eyes, propping the phone up to go back to fixing my hair. "Imani don't start that shit. You in a whole nother' country , barely answering the phone and you round' niggas that I don't even know", he tries to reason but that didn't fix my attitude. He fails to realize the reality of our situation and that what irks me. In the beginning he was the one bent on a friends with benefits situation then it slowly became a situationship. "I'm tryna figure out how that concerns you though", I chuckle as his face falls.

     "You ain't my nigga. You know I don't fuck with that clocking my every move either type shit. So yes that's why your ass has been getting ignored", I start my rant. "Let's be for real you was even on me this hard until you heard niggas was gonna be on this trip. Less than a week ago my ass could barely get ahold of you so cool it"

     It's silence on the phone for a brief minute. "Alright bruh. Just know we having a conversation when you get back", the frown on his face deepening.

    I shrug, "Cool". I reach to hang up the phone, not in the mood to keep the conversation going. I didn't need him ruining my day over something petty. "I hope that talk consists of ending shit with his ass", Kennedy calls out and I turn around laughing.

   "You heard him?"

  "Girl his ass was loud as shit through them air pods", she laughs and I join in.