(3) Reflection

I M A N I

     "Congratulations", we all cheers to Nia

     "Congratulations", we all cheers to Nia. She ended off second semester with all A's and wanted to throw a celebration. College is hard so any accomplishment has a right to be uplifted. "Thank you all for coming out", Nia smiles widely, leaning her head on Mack's shoulder. Her friends around her taking pictures while I move to stand in the background. We go to different colleges so most of her friends here, I have no clue who most of these people are. In other circumstances, I would've stayed at home but I want to be a supportive friend.

   "Imani! Come take pictures with me, I miss you", Nia draws attention to me, holding her hands up for a hug. She laughs at the awkward expression on my face as I walk into her embrace. The flashes go off instantly as I plaster a smile for all the cameras. "I made you a gift basket, its in your room", I whisper in her ear and she squeezes my shoulder with a smile. "Thank you", she kisses me on the cheek, earning a groan from Mack.

   "Hear you go with that mushy shit", he hated when she would kiss on me. If she would have me on her lap too long, it would grind his gears. I found it to be hilarious. "Don't start, y'all know this my baby", she lets go of me and I laugh as I go into the kitchen to refill my cup.

       The music starts blasting again and I stand against the counter, vibing to it. My eyes roaming, coming across Corey who seemed just as out of it as me. He meets my gaze and he instantly makes a move to come my way. His stands in front of me, "You look like you ready to go".

    I laugh, "Just a lil' bit"

   I'm not a big fan of huge crowds. On top of that its like twenty of us in her apartment. Its packed with all of us standing in the living room and spilling over in the kitchen. "Let me get you out of here", he offers, giving me his infamous smirk. He comes closer, towering over me. I bit my lip, feeling the need to clench my legs together. "Lead the way", I follow behind him. We head out the front door and downstairs. Eventually making it to his car, I stand back impressed.

  "This shit is nice", I mumble as I help myself in the passenger seat

  "This shit is nice", I mumble as I help myself in the passenger seat. Black has always been sexy to me on cars in general.