(5) P.O.V

J E R E M I A H

Two weeks later

Monday evening

7:00 pm
-

     "You and your tubi movies", I prop the phone up on the bathroom counter. Giving her a view of me as I finish putting on my outfit. "Erica Mena is really eating those movies up! Someone should've been put me on", Ameila exclaims in disbelief. She never thought she would be into tubi movies of all things.
    "Where are going", she asks with a smirk. "You look cute"

    "Sniper, Luck, and I are going to a boxing match", I decided against telling her that I host them. I didn't want to come across any judgement considering that this is illegal. "Mhm, you like boxing?", she questions and lifts the remote to pause her movie.

     "Yes I actually use to box for fun when I was a teenager. I have no interest on going pro though"

   One of the reasons I enjoyed conducting boxing matches. I knew the difference between genuinely winning and playing dirty. I lost count of how many people have been disqualified from  matches because of the amateur moves. "You should teach me", she suggests with her innocent smile. Something that I've grown fond of over the past month. We have gotten much closer to the point where she's way more comfortable with talking to me. She starts some conversations or she'll even call me.

    I thought our encounter at her house would make things awkward between us but it didn't. We fell asleep together and I left the next morning. "You just want an excuse to hit on me", I joke and she smirks.

   "So that's a yes?"

"Its a maybe", I wanted to take her to a match and see if she's still singing the same tune. I know her boujie ass would have a heart attack and I'm excited to see that. "You are so pretty", I randomly compliment her and she blushes once again.

    "Thanks handsome"

   "How was your day", I ask and she tried to hide the grin that comes on her face.

    "Um, it was good. I hit the goal of sending out two hundred emails today. I'm mostly copy and pasting but still. Oh! After work me and my friends went to Juicy Crab, I got me some crab legs! Then I got home and tried some new wine", I watch her in amusement as she reaches on the counter behind her and show me the bottle. Stella Rose has to be her favorite brand, my first time in her house you see a line of them. It almost looks like a collection. "This is watermelon flavor", she carries a wide smile as she shows her empty cup. "As you can see the shit is bomb! Then, I almost got into it with my neighbor because she had me all the way fucked up. You know this bitch gone sit her trash outside my door, the bag leaking and shit"

    "What-", I say in disbelief.

We continue our conversation up until I finish getting ready. "Ma, I'm gotta go", I tell her and she gives me a fake pout.

"Okay be safe", she waves in the camera and I do the same. "Will do"

🟰🟰🟰

A M E I L A

A week later