(1) Strangers

Thursday

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Thursday

3:45 pm

     I close my textbook and put it in my book bag. I exit my communications class with a frown. The only thing on my mind is a nap but that's not an option for me right now. Instead I'll be sitting at a desk for the next two hours, setting up appointments.

       I walk to the student center, seeing a bunch of randoms walking back and forth. "Hey girl", one of my advisors greet me with her usual smile. I smile back and sit my bookbag on the counter, "hi".

     I open up my laptop and look at the amount of appointments that haven't been put into the system. I type up those dates and open my books to start some readings. "Bitch why do you walk so fast", my eyes flick up instantly to see my best friend, Simone. She has a hand on her hip, sweat dripping down the sides of her face. I try to hold in my laughter, "Girl you can't be coming in my place of business with this type of language".

"Girl you take this receptionist job too seriously", Simone jokes and gets comfortable in front of her. "Are you coming to the party later?"

"I'll think about it, Trey wants to see me later. I have no idea how that conversation is gonna go", Raven sighs and her best friend instantly catches an attitude.

    Trey and Raven have been on and off since her freshmen year. She's now a junior and its gotten worse from there. They're currently on a break and trying to figure things out. Everyone around them thinks that they should let it go, Raven would be lying if she didn't feel the same. There's apart of her that just couldn't do it. Trey has been apart of her life for years, whether its as a friend, lover , or even an associate. Some way he's a factor. Not having him as a factor at all anymore is scary.

       "What more do y'all have to talk about? You need to leave that nigga alone, seriously", Simone scolds her again. She's given this speech a bunch of times but it goes in one ear and out the other.

    "I know but its easier said than done", Raven stresses and run a hand down her face. She hated having this conversation. She knew her best friend has good intention but Simone has zero frame of reference.

   Simone has been in the streets all her life. She has no experience of loving someone , let alone being in love with someone. She drops a dude just for looking at her the wrong. Its admirable but this isn't just a random nigga for Raven. This is someone that she envisioned a marriage and kids with.

     ______

Trey💙: What kinda food you want for later?

     She looks at the phone with a emotionless expression. "So its a no to the party?" , Simone gives her a hug.

     "Maybe not, I don't know"

    ________

Pizza, preferably pepperoni. I want boneless honey barbecue wings
Oh! Cinnamon sticks too!